Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Ch. 56 - Sad Men

Group Leader
So a mix of ww2 fortifications and superior siege engines, I like it

Group Leader
Is this a re-upload? I recognize the hostage scene, but the part with the bird is new to me.

Trenches really? They do realize that arrows, catapults and trebuchet can arc? Also what the point? The main battle is going to be a melee and trenches aren't better for that.
WW1 tactics were used during WW1 because of artillery and machine guns, not because they were superior to medieval or renaissance tactics.

Dex-chan lover
@22Ryu True, but at the same time, it's harder to see your target. Also, this world has magic.. plus, this is more set for defense rather than actual battle... though a castle wall would be drastically better if you think about it...

@HDMI1 you probably read it from another site, that was a different group and i think they miss some pages. I use other site to read too for some manga that is not uploaded here and i thought uxtef drop this when i see that group doing that wasn't them.

Dex-chan lover
@22Ryu the trenches breaks up charges, allow for relatively safer and stealthier troop deployment and a safe passage for retreat. As with the moat, there are probably mechanics in place to flood the trenches in case they are taken to deny the enemies approach or drown them like rats. If MC have taken any lessons from the Vietcong there might be murderholes and and other traps as well, and not just the concrete bunkers that have been placed in key points.

WW1 field artillery has the same arc as a trebuchet, it is just smaller, more devastating and has longer range.

Dex-chan lover
Antrim is the enemy right? Or is Antrim just what they called the campaign for namesake?

Dex-chan lover
So I failed to catch the plot, why were him being killed a reasonable way to get the intel out? Is he betting it all on them giving his body to the spy for ferrying his corpse "home", with written intel planted on his body to be forwarded (and thus also betting it all on them not searching his body because of the hostage-ploy, as otherwise it fails and implicates the spy)?
Or was this just a hail-mary where he tried to make sure the spy wasn't endangered (either cause of friendship, or cause having a merchant to leverage in the country is valuable even if it by necessity means said merchant can't send reports or the like), with no hidden plots that could be found and ruin it?

@22ryu Perhaps he invented guns, with that cliche it makes some amount of sense (Maybe not the trenches, but the bunkers and wire). As for the trenches, it might simply be their answer against cavalry (an alternative would be wooden pikes) that doubles as a way to move troops in a way that is not easily visible. Hell, with either magic or chemistry or alchemy, he might have ways to fill taken-over trenches with mustard-gas substitute.

Dex-chan lover
the guy probably wrote down a report on what the defenses was like before dying and it's either on his body or he ate it and this dude will deliver it.

The level of loyalty of the spies is incredible. As they always say, a spy can change a war.

Dex-chan lover
I hope I get to see WW1 style warfare, only middle age style with magic.

Users who are viewing this thread