Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Ch. 56 - Sad Men

Dex-chan lover
WW1 tactics, I love it.
I wonder tho what he would station in a pillbox without machine guns though.

The fuck? Such an elaborate spy network which is willing to trade lives for information doesn't exist in a vacuum. Methods might not be known exactly, but generalizations and reputations can't be utterly hidden. How is there remotely no old countermeasures? No one searched the body? They solely rely on a single point of failure? That's such sloppy operational security.

Dex-chan lover
The one who had it worst was the poor guy who has to feel guilty over a buddy's "family" dying in his care.

Nod

@musicfreak12 Actually the recipe(s, they had more than one kind (including some that could set underwater)) for Roman concrete was discovered quit a few years ago now. Even if the recipe Roman concrete hadn't been discovered, there is no reason they couldn't have just made 'modern' concrete, if they had the materials on hand.

Contributor
@SweatyBrie
Magic isn't that rare for the military, it just became sidelined because magic cancel was developed and long range magic gets instantly shut down as long as you have enough mages to counter your opponents.
Edited for possible spoiler.

Double-page supporter
The "Secret" of roman concrete isn't even really a secret nor really worth it; testing found out that the strength of roman concrete was a by-product of ingredient ratios. i.e. the amount of water and what we would know today as plasticising ingredients.

In short and simplified terms, the higher the water content, the longer the curing time. The longer the curing time, the higher the strength; with a high enough water content and local dampness, a concrete will continue to strengthen for many years, decades, or in the case of roman concrete, centuries.
In reality, the concretes of roman times would've been a lot weaker at their pouring and functional curing times (the amount of time it takes to be "done") than modern concretes are.
The ingredients of concrete are also very simple;
- Cement (Furnace baked limestone+clay, ground to a powder)
- Aggregate (Sand, stones, etc)
- Water

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 What are you talking about, there are youtube videos telling you how to make Roman concrete, how is it a secret that isn't known in the modern era?

Double-page supporter
If they knew about how it work some counter with magic may happen
after the first losing battle they will know to make some moving iron wall in order to advance(precursor of magic tank in concept)

Dex-chan lover
@MrLuna oooh sounds lovely.
@thedjkhalid I was thinking that at first, but archers strength comes from open air shooting, so cramping them into a tiny space might decrease their effectiveness, also limiting the amount of units who can be shooting arrows all at once. It would be better to station them near the trenches like how WW1 soldiers with rifles would pick off targets from there, as opposed to staying inside bunkers.

Double-page supporter
Where do you get so many loyal, self-sacrificing spies? Amazon? Asking for a friend.

don't tell me that guy dead body contain the information and is about to be send back home pretending to be for a funeral

Fed-Kun's army
There is an English translation of the novel up to the end of Antrim war, if you are (like me) impatient you can check it out.

Dex-chan lover
Assuming they have completed the trenches, meaning he maybe have a Mounted MG in mass production.

Users who are viewing this thread