Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Ch. 56 - Sad Men

Dex-chan lover
@HazelThyme
I could buy you not noticing magic as means to get STRONK, but the whole anti piracy plot gets solved with anti-magic tool, and anti-magic tools inherently imply existence of magic.

@22Ryu unless the archers are aiming upwards for a very tall arc or not putting in a lot of power when drawing their bows, then it's still hard to hit inside a trench. In order to hit inside a trench form a distance toud need something like a Mortar with their high arcs to shoot directly into trenches, which people in this place obviously dont have. Except for magic of course, but who knows how it works all we've really seen are body enhancement magic so far.

Group Leader
@feha @Doomer
In the LN corresponding to this chapter, it's explained that the spy had a magic eye that can record and display image

Yeah with magic this defence line will be useless like the lightning magic the queen use for testing the lightning rod for the ships.

Dex-chan lover
??? Wait did the black hair guy die before seeing the assassin's head get chopped off? Dead men tell no secrets o3o
Many thanks

Double-page supporter
@Nanaten
Would you know if
the information ended up benefiting them in anyway? I doubt that just knowing what is laid out for them would do much

Fed-Kun's army
@RedCamia Magic is rare and limited in this world. The Queen was the only lightning magician in the entire city area, and MC would've done more that kind of magic training if magic was good enough for offensive capabilities.
Everything is mostly medieval, with muscle strengthening magic even being rare and exclusive to veterans (i.e. state assassins, well-known mercenaries) and knights (including nobles).
Though that doesn't leave out the fact that knowing the layout will help them like preparing tools to take out the barbs or start a frontal assault with soldiers that can use magic to jump over the fences.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get the point of those small bunkers. There's no gunfire in that world, so projectiles don't go in a straight line

Dex-chan lover
@Brania
You understand what Machicolation are? it's those but not in a tower.
Archers in it can basically shoot all they want while the enemy archer will need exemplary ability to be able to target them without hitting the walls.

I feel like he hid a message on his body. Bunkers will be a strange thing since archers need to aim high to reach the standard distance a bow is capable of. The trenches make is so the allies won't get in the way of shooting straight but gravity makes it so that the arrow will travel like, 100m, before it starts to be dragged down. 100 meters is pretty close, take 3-5 secs to cross that distance and the enemy would jump into trenches at that point.

Fed-Kun's army
@NP-3228 Actually the whole thing about archers aiming high is partially(not completely) a myth, even english longbows was usually would have aimed straight.
Aiming high will in a lot of cases just be a waste of arrows.

Dex-chan lover
I just realised this, he made a bunker right? It implies that concrete and steel is a thing in medieval era, which is not. Or is this part of his invention again that I didn't noticed before? (and no don't you dare saying things like roman concrete, roman concrete secret is still not yet known in modern world which means that the MC can't introduce it)

Also, what about the bird with letter? Did they just forgot about it?

Users who are viewing this thread