Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Ch. 59 - Before The Storm

I get kinda mad when fantasy authors severely underestimate a country's capacity to field an army. We are talking about a high middle ages cosmopolitan society here, with a healthy farmers to urban dwellers ratio. Those 27,000 should be at least double that number for the initial attack.

That said, what volume in the novel is the battle?

"We can't send troops to help our allies because they will attack here afterwards."

Mhm. Sure. That's sound reasoning.

@Philinle the Cornelieus province is on the border of the enemy kingdom as well. They know that if they dispatch troops, Balud would be pincered from their side as well. The enemy plan on pincering Balud's home province from his current one and the border they share with the Cornelieus province.

Dex-chan lover
@FYAYFD: The reason for lower number could be many, like
- Underestimating the capabilities of the opponent
- The Kingdom isn't a Militaristic or Absolute Monarchy or Dictatorship, so the power of the whole Kingdom isn't centralized. Meaning they can't gather enough troops easily (because each Noble in the Kingdom wants to keep sufficient armed forces with them).
- Lower birthrate in general and slow training of potential military candidates could also be possible reasons.

Even if the society in the story is sort of like a "high middle ages cosmopolitan", but we don't really have the idea of the exact population level, survival rate or the birthrate. And we don't really know what is the exact "healthy farmers to urban dwellers ratio" of that other Kingdom which is going to attack MC's region (we only have a general idea of that for the Kingdom MC is affiliated with), since each Kingdom would have its different ratio and rates, even if they are from the same period of age.

Dex-chan lover
but the thing is, he doens't have much of a relationship with that secretary girl.

How many chapters has it been that the war has been foreshadowed?
at least like 5-8 right? Holy s**t this arc is way too drawn out. (I do understand trying to see things from all perspectives, but the war better be worth it for all that setup)

Dex-chan lover
@FYAYFD
@Morose
Could be a purely economical problem as well. You need to outfit the troops; a farmer in his shirt is no soldier. You also need to feed them; you may pillage, but first you must get there.

Dex-chan lover
His parents still doesn't know of his quirks. Lack of experience? He has a whole warlord that lived to become an old man's worth of war experience with him.

Aggregator gang
@KingRagnarok150 This is the beginning of Volume 5 Chapter 1 Part 11. If you want to read what happens from here start with part 12 but I'd suggest just reading all of chapter 1 as you get a better setup for the rest of the story.

Fed-Kun's army
@Redice well yeah they never saw him I think and the only time I remember seeing him come out was to stab a man or roll around naked in a pile of money

@FYAYFD maybe it’s a money issue? There’s a channel YouTube called Invicta that touched on how medieval armies were raised and why they were usually smaller in number compared to the times of the Roman empires 10 000+ armies

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, the harem doesn't really have much character. They don't get much screen time and when they do, there's not much depth. It feels kind of like an afterthought? The random enemy commanders seem to have more involved motivations.

Well, at least the battle promises to be interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Weirdly enough, his physical growth was subtle enough for me to not notice it until now. That's some FMA:B Edward Elric stuff right there.

Aggregator gang
Thank you for the chapter...

They have been building up this war behind the scenes quite a lot, I hope is worth all the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread