Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Ch. 59 - Before The Storm

Fed-Kun's army
Are ya' ready to learn the horrors of trench warfare, kids?
ukDBsP3JCaK6

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 as far as I remember, there were indeed no betrayals in Alesia. However, the Gauls tended to break or betray too fast throughout the conquest of Gaul (hence "the whole conquest of Gaul" and "surrender or betrayal"). In Alesia's example, the Gauls broke too fast, even when they had the upper hand in sheer numbers.

Relative to the old phalanx method which was prevalent at the time, the maniple was more flexible. You're correct about the recruit-regular-veteran stuff, but that's not all. Here's a really good short video that explains it better: https://youtu.be/3iz1_UwD2Fw
That channel should also give you much info on Classical military stuff (mostly Roman), including Alesia and the conquest of Gaul.

Dex-chan lover
@GryphusOne
I watch the video, great channel, it reminds me of Invicta. I find it strange how they switch from the Maniple to Cohorts because Maniple is just too small and they're now fighting a regular big sized army, who are they referring to?

Because if I remember correctly, the whole Europe is still fractured and there are no big empire like the Islamic empire

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 they initially used the phalanx and this worked well against their Etruscan and other Greek-inspired opponents who were also using phalanxes. Once they started fighting the Samnites and the like who lived in more difficult terrain, it became harder to use the phalanx. This resulted in the adaption of the maniple. When Rome started going beyond Italy, that's also when they switched to the cohort system, which is roughly-speaking just the maniple system but bigger and without the specializations. I'm not completely sure, but I believe they're referring to the Gauls and eventually the Carthaginians and successors of Macedon. The big armies in the backdrop of a fractured Europe would probably be the allied Gauls, or possibly also the Germanics.

@ UzukiP
@CBC

It makes sense for the mom to say that, but it does nothing for the narrative. Normally, something like this is used to build up suspense, but there shouldn't be any in this case.

For those that didn't read the light novel: It ain´t guns. There is one technology from the Great Wars, but it isn't a gun.

Dex-chan lover
They really learnt nothing from the last time they were on the battlefield

Poor silk, left crying, lol

And in what way are you girls gonna protect yourself if you ever get captured and be a hostage? They're not helping, just a burden.

Oh surely the almighty plot armour would protect them against odds. Such dum-dum arses.

Users who are viewing this thread