Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Ch. 63 - It's Our Victory

I know this is an American civil war and WW1 tactic, but remember Baluc doesn't have planes nor modern artillery (the catapult basically launched just big metal ball bombs), maybe he may have a few muskets since he managed to make gunpowder, and some Napoleonic-era like cannons (since a cannon is easier to make than a musket), but yeah, all that the Antrim army needs to do is retreat to the second line and destroy the first line trenches to prevent the enemy from using it, and repeat their tactics until the enemy is literally crippled with enormous losses and unble to fight back

Aggregator gang
This battle may take over a year to make in real time (like for the manga to come out) btw, it goes on for quite a while but is interesting the entire time. The enemy truly doesn't understand how cruel and horrible trench warfare is

Also spoilers on tatics:
He is also prepared to use chemical warfare which was pretty fucked. Nothing as horrible as mustard gas but instead uses extremely large amounts of yeast to remove oxygen from the battlefield. The enemies men start suffocating when they're charging and then are "gunned" down

Dex-chan lover
@Tacomelt Yeah. In addition to causing immediate casualties to the enemy, the enemy would also be terrified of using any trench they captured, after experiencing a few of those booby traps.

Dex-chan lover
Is LN translated? If so where do i pick up to be around the start of the battle?

i cant wait any more i need to know how they get rekt.

"WHAT'S THE PRICE, OF A MILE?"

"Thousands of feet march to the beat"
"It's an army on the march!"
"Long way from home"
"Paying the price in young men’s lives!"
"Thousands of feet march to the beat"
"It’s an army in despair!"
"Knee-deep in mud"
"Stuck in a trench with no way out!"

Time to dive into the novels me thinks. I just need to convert the translations in the epub files so I can read them anywhere.

Group Leader
They say that strategy wins against numbers, but a strategy means nothing against an overwhelming number.

Dex-chan lover
i currently read Kingdom, where war always took unanticipated turn.
now this manga also did that, in a cliffhanger where i should wait a month to know more

Fed-Kun's army
@Aoitenshi
This is very true. The purpose of strategy is to boost odds in your favor. But if you have a combat force of 3,000 going against 100,000 and your tactics drop those odds to 3,000 vs. 10, 000.....you're still in a losing situation.

Numbers don't win wars, but it sure as hell makes it a lot easier.

Supporter
I am fairly certain that the Charge of the Light Brigade is pretty much going to sum up what is about to happen.

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
“Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!” he said.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

“Forward, the Light Brigade!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though the soldier knew
Someone had blundered.