Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Vol. 5 Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
@Kathartes Thanks, that clears up some of the confusing politics going on. Pretty hard to keep up with the story when they pull all politics and a bunch of country names in the manga world.
Being a monthly manga also doesn't help ?

Contributor
@Kosmodeus @GodGinrai

You're right, but privateers were slightly different. They wern't so much integrated into the Navy, they were more like semi-official mercenaries. The way I understand it is that basically, they cut a deal with one country (like Brittan), so that the privateers wouldn't attack British interests, and in return the British Navy wouldn't hunt them down (though I think it was pretty common for them to go rouge, then be hunted down and executed anyway once the political situation changed).

That's very different from defeating and capturing a pirate fleet in battle (after years of harassing your country's interests), in which case they would have 100% been executed.

Double-page supporter
@seekermoc It was actually the other way around. The British employed privateers to attack their opponents' interests. They were employed specifically so that Britain could wipe their hands of it and claim that they are not behind the attacks. It was basically a throwaway naval division.

I do, however, agree that despite whether they were navy or not, they are unlikely to be hired by the enemy they have been continuously stealing from and attacking, or at least, not integrated into their own navy.

Dex-chan lover
@CucarachaEnojada
There's no winning or losing here, the king has already decided for Franco to take the throne from beginning (after 1st prince died). But Second Queen's behavior made him hesitated and caused this messy situation, now they have agreed to expel her, so it's more like she lost.
The deal with navy was behind the scene, not many people knew about it. And since they want to kick her out, why would anyone tell her about their scheme? (more irony, that scheme was helped by First Queen)

This has gone so slowly that I've completely forgotten who had what name and who was what to whom. I'm going to have to reread the past 20 chapters to figure out what the hell just happened.

Double-page supporter
Second Queen, Elena, is basically the cause of this entire arc. Everyone knows that the girly prince is the one who is best to take the throne, but because his mother is a gigantic bitch, it complicates matters. Especially since her son likes the First Queen and her son. So if she wasn't interfering then she would have obtained the very thing she wished for much easier. Honestly this all could be resolved by the son taking the First Queen as one of his wives after his father dies. It wasn't unheard of to take care of a deceased relative's wife at the time. Plus she's young enough. Just make Teresa (the boyish girl) your second wife and everything is resolved. Both the First Queen and Teresa who is being adopted into royalty should understand the situation and it keeps Pedro, the third son, safe from Elena's interference.

The bigger problem that can't be easily solved is what are they going to do about Margotte? She obviously doesn't want her son to be a philanderer with multiple wives. It's the main reason why she sent Sei with him to the Knight school in the first place. Now he has, Seilurn (maid girl), Selina (merchant dog girl), Rachael (princess diarrhea), Urakka (admiral boobs), and possibly Silk (knight girl) and Rorona (merchant secretary who is probably okay with being a mistress). I can't see mom being too happy about that development. Plus he's still only 13 so he has yet to get a woman that's younger than him.

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro Agreed, I hate arcs around incompetent people acting incompatibly (to the distress of the MC), only second to drama from characters refusing to communicate.
Margotte main concern is her son being a philanderer (pump and dump), not a bigamist (taking responsibility, wife/concubine). (though she may not be big on the second either)
Silk is a definite. I don't see how you could put her as a maybe. Rorona not going to work hard enough for a spot, and MC-kun isn't the type to go for her with so many others after his D.

Dex-chan lover
This might be a tangent but I couldn't un-see it.
Pg22 background of middle left panel.
Is that a side boob?!
I mean, it even has a nipple!

Dex-chan lover
Well Elena just raised a ton of death flags, guess Balud is gonna have to save her too.
Its sad too, Maria is a fucking THOT, while Elena was a pure Maiden that got NTRd.

Dex-chan lover
Money is all that old man cares about... that girl is not at her right mind to follow him...
This man is either going to die or become a friend if his convictions suffice...

Users who are viewing this thread