In Another World With My Smartphone - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
A wiki I checked says 12 for her first appearance too, not exactly concrete because wikis, but I'm sure it would've been edited to the proper age by now since at the least the anime adaptation has been dubbed by now as well.

I love how he explicitly mentions that boys must be at least 18 to marry in Japan while girls must be at least 16 and everyone, including him, ignores the latter. Like, he could've easily just told them: 4 more years before I can remotely agree because of my culture (based on the revised age of 12 from next chapter), and instead they got him to go down to 2.

Dex-chan lover
To be honest 4 years is not that big of a difference, tho it is weird that they are waiting only 2 years and not 4.

Dex-chan lover
If he's nearly sixteen, and she's just ten, that's more like a six-year age difference than a two-year one. That's enough of an experiential gap to be complicated even for full adults. Compare how someone 24 and someone 30 are typically at rather different places in life, with different perspectives, goals, and needs.

This is a mistranslation as Yumina is 12 in the Official Release of the Anime, Manga and LN.
[Spoiler Warning]
Its later revealed by the Goddess of Love [in Vol. 19 of the Light Novel] that in this world, one year consist of 16 months. Fun Fact Mars has 687 days in its year which is 322 more days than Earth and 200.333 more days than this New World.

[Earth: 1 year = 365 days] [New World: 1 year = 486.667 days] [Mars: 1 year = 687 days]

So if Yumina is 12 in that world, when translated into Earth years, her age would be approximately 15.99 earth years old or 16 years old if you rounded it up to to the nearest tenth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread