Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni - Vol. 7 Ch. 33 - Episode 33

Group Leader
That lightning connector cable must be enchanted with magic, because if it isn't, let alone over 5000 years later, the plastic alone would be disintegrated after a few mere months.

Dex-chan lover
The girls look so cute gazing at their rings.
And I forget the details about atashi

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if it's true, but somehow I get the feeling that the manga already passed the anime. I wonder why

Dex-chan lover
@introvertchild - because it did pass over the anime somewhere in the last few chapters.
I think the anime mentioned some things that are said a lot later in the novel to make a more conclusive ending.

@Kyujyu - according to the novel (I think it was web novel version), they have BL books in this setting, and they are moderately popular. I don't remember when it was mentioned first.

@Harry_Dong - all of Babylon is enchanted to protect it from ravages of time. Very few things can keep working for thousands of years.

Dex-chan lover
@Harry_Dong - let me re-phrase my statement. The novel clearly stated that Babylon's relics were specifically enchanted with preservation magics.

Group Leader
@flannan
Jesus Christ LOL... Yeah, I've read both the WN, LN, and watched the anime, buddy. Y'know what. Fuck it. I'm done trying to explain a facetious reference that flew over your head.

Fed-Kun's army
@mage_goo: I do (one of the best manga created, imo!) but even then the concept escapes me. Even @mahtan explaining it didn't make any sense to me. It sounds more like it's some sort of contest, not a risk thing.
For some background, yes I've been in love before, but not once did I feel "enslaved." Just the opposite: I never compromised my style or personality for the sake of my then-girlfriends. Maybe I've been in the wrong type of love? I dunno. Anyway, the idea of losing when you fall in love still makes no sense. It's damned confusing, but to each their own, right?

Fed-Kun's army
Lol, these little girls want to play "married", but can't even accept a kiss.

"uselessly knowledgeable" was great.

Contributor
Well, at least we're getting the potential for reverse trap out of the way immediately.

Dex-chan lover
@TwilightFaze
That is just how it is perceived and it can be observed easily when looking at others instead of one self, since the one in the relationship hardly realize what is happening in it with the most common to happen in this are "abusive" relationships which always require some third element to speak with the abused one for them to recognize what is happening.
For an extreme example of this we have the so not accepted concept of the "friendzone", which is a real thing that happens but most people will not accept that it does for some reason.

Fed-Kun's army
@mahtan: Oh, dude, don't get me started on this "friendzone" nonsense. It's really not a thing. Who you are and aren't attracted to is determined by the individual. If the guy is attracted to the girl, but the girl isn't, you aren't caught in the friendzone; you're just not in her strike zone. But if you earned her respect, you are friends. Same works in reverse (and I've seen both cases happen firsthand).
The concept of the friendzone is for those with a on overinflated sense of self (Not ego. Not Pride. Self.) that can;t accept that they might actually not be considered that attractive. Once you let go of this high school notion, you realize the folly of trying to chase after someone who doesn't want you. And being just friends is hardly a bad thing. You increase your circle of influence by one more person and as long as you remain genuine, said person can even assist you in your pursuit of love (Happened with my sister and it happened with my friend of 20 years, so you can't tell me I'm wrong).
I will agree that a 3rd party's view is very useful since the concept of "love is blind" is very real (Case in point with your abusive relationship example. Can't get much more blind than that, tragically...). But the concept of losing for being in love first and the friendzone is complete malarkey. It's just my opinion, but I state this out of personal experiences and firsthand stories I've witnessed, not theories and he-said-she-said things.

Dex-chan lover
@TwilightFaze
To be honest I don't want to start the "friendzone" discussion again and just used it as an example of a extreme situation caused by the idea of "first to admit love loses".
All I'm gonna say is that it does exist and unlike what you imply it has nothing to do with sense of self as the one that is in the friendzone don't realize it until someone tells them.
But since you don't want to give the possibility of it existing there is no way for you to realize it does exist because any evidence to it will be dismissed as being "not valid" or attributed to the individual instead of the situation. You could have disagreed about it instead of just believed when someone told you something that sounded nice to you, same as you are doing to the reason for this conversation, but instead just assumed that because it sounded correct to you it was correct and the phenomena of the "friendzone" does not exist when reality points otherwise. But as I said that is not a discussion I want to take part in again... it is mostly useless as there is nothing I can do to change your mind and it usually ends with the one in your position trying to use "self-experience" and subjectives to prove their point without ever giving anything concrete.

Nice to talk to you anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
@mahtan: You were nice enough to give your consideration and I agree I won't discuss it further. All I will say is that my conclusions are based from personal experience and experimentation and on the experiences of those I have seen in person, not second-hand information (Friend of a friend stories for example). So it's not that I don't want to give it the possibility, it's that personal experience says otherwise. Who knows maybe someday I'll come across something that matches what you say? It wouldn't be the first time a situation like that occurred.

Your input is still appreciated and despite the outcome I still found it informative and enlightening. Thank you, it WAS a good talk :)

Users who are viewing this thread