Isekai Walking - Vol. 8 Ch. 74 - Meeting Other Travellers

Dex-chan lover
She'd probably wants to move around.
I mean, if you suddenly left a restrictive environment and then were suddenly carried around like luggage or merchandise, wouldn't that sour your mood
she seems fine with everything and he could put her down regularly, she wouldn't have much less freedom of movement than on the cart. It's clearly the way he should travel.

Dex-chan lover
No matter how many new faces they throw at us, none of these temporary and forgettable characters will live up to the only two traveling companions that actually matter.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

So, it's not a candy uncle, but candy onee-san?
I'm in...
:win:

Double-page supporter
I think its cool that they look like siblings feels like a brother and sister adventure

Dex-chan lover
huh interesting
He were mask whole time to disguised his face from empire as he faked his death
So i am bit surprised to see he aint wearing one, then again in WN he didnt have spirit or telepath like that

Contributor
If you don't want her to walk, then just pick her up and go walking yourself. My god, this protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, the cheese thing was bad enough, but nobody fishes? That's absolutely ridiculous. We've seen lakes and rivers, so that can't be the excuse. The only way this would make sense is if there are no fish in the world.
I've seen this no fishing allowed plot device before in a few other fantasy stories.

A common excuse is that in a fantasy world, zones of water are very dangerous places to sit around, cause all sorts of giant monsters will eat you if you try it.

Not sure what excuse they use here in this story though.

The author has not proven themselves to be very smart when it comes to world building.

Dex-chan lover
Man, he should breed them all. So the Series then gets renamed isekai breeding.

Thanks for the TL
Sora is too innocent, Hikari is a walking life hack to get girls, bieatches just love cute little sisters
Okay, the cheese thing was bad enough, but nobody fishes? That's absolutely ridiculous. We've seen lakes and rivers, so that can't be the excuse. The only way this would make sense is if there are no fish in the world.
I've seen this no fishing allowed plot device before in a few other fantasy stories.

A common excuse is that in a fantasy world, zones of water are very dangerous places to sit around, cause all sorts of giant monsters will eat you if you try it.

The author has not proven themselves to be very smart when it comes to world building.
One explanation I see once in a while is that the logistics to move fish around makes it impossible for vast majority of people to eat it, so pretty much only fishing villages or villages near safe lake or river that have choice of eating fish.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

I've seen, "monsters are like people and animals, gathering at watering sources, so it's too dangerous to sit around near water;" water monsters are more trouble than they are worth, compared to edible land monsters; and even "water is the domain of an Elder God, that is just as likely to flip a continent over, as kill you, if you bother its sleep by poking around underwater."

Dex-chan lover
More on why eating fish was never common even in real life.

Think like this, there's a random fishing village, first of all selling to small villages is not worth, so let's say the closest big city is 10 days away, even moving small quantity of fish a merchant would need to buy a lot of ice to preserve it, which means not only fish price would go through the roof, but they probably would need to move even more fish to make it worth at all, making the caravan even larger, which makes it an ever bigger target for bandits, which mean the merchant needs to hire even more protection.

Isekai Walking has magic so it simplify some of those things, hire a mage to use ice spells for example, magic bag doesn't mix items though, so you can't put a lot of ice to preserve the fish on it, so large caravan is still a must, but then there's monsters too, which means you need good adventurers to protect you, which isn't cheap.

Only way to make fish accessible at all is with spatial magic, which is rare as fuck, don't remember any mention of magic bag that stops time, but even regular magic bag is rare as fuck, so moving a lot of fish by abusing inventory that preserves it isn't possible either.

In short, due to the logistics eating fish in the past was literally only a thing for the rich and powerful, only way to eat fish as a filthy peasant is if you live near a river, lake or in a port, which then fishihg is inevitable.

People underestimate just how much industrialization made things accessible for general public, cause in the past you would eat whatever you had at hand.

To think a different isekai would teach me fish logistics :thonk:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread