Isekai Walking - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - Isekai Cooking

Dex-chan lover
I was actually quite surprised to read that this was done using machine translation. It was really well done in my opinion. Only her being really nervous when talking at the end got lost.
Also the redrawing is really well done :)
Thanks! Even though I do not speak Japanese, I have a basic understanding of its grammar, so I did a lot of sentence splitting and translating word by word when the machine translation was not coherent.
Unfortunately, that also means I tried to make sense of the last sentence, even though she may have actually misspoke (the classic "bit her tongue"), sorry about that!

Group Leader
Few corrections (these are rough TLs):
まずは葉っぱは採りたてそのままサラダにしてみよっか
"First, with freshly picked leaves, let's make a salad!"❌
"Let's try make a salad using its leaves as they are!"

植物とはいえ…動いてる物を切り離すって何か罪悪感あるね…
"Even though they are plants... It makes me guilty to tear them apart..."❌
"I know they are plants... but doesn't it make you feel guilty dismembering a moving being...?"

瑞々しいシャクシャクした食感と噛めば噛むほどじゅわっと甘酸っぱい味が口の中に広がる!!
"It is fresh and crunchy, and as I chew it, the sweet and sour flavor spreads in my mouth!!"❌
"It's juicy and crunchy, and the more I chew it, the more the sweet and sour flavor spreads in my mouth!!"

これは火を通すより生で食べた方が正解かもね!
"You are right, It may be better raw than cooked!"❌
"This is probably better to use this raw than cooked!"

メインは持ってきたパンにこのミツを塗るとか…
"The honey could be spread on bread as a main dish and..." ❌
"Then, we could use the bread we have with this honey on top as the main dish..."

命を頂くのは悪いことじゃないけど私たちは無害な生き物殺さないようにしてるんだ
"It's not that taking lives is bad, but we don't kill creatures if we don't need to"❌
Somewhat literal TL: "There's nothing wrong with killing the cow, but we chose not to kill any harmless creatures"
Somewhat natural EN: "We could've killed the cow, but we chose not to kill any harmless creatures"

動物たちにはちょっとだけその資源をおすそわけしてもらうの
"We only need a little bit from that animal so we are only going to share its resources"❌
"Since we're only taking a small bit of excess resources from those harmless creatures."

I assume there's more I can correct on the rest of the pages but this should be long enough for a feedback.

Fed-Kun's army
Randomly wild cow walking around that was pregnant so it has milk to give. Where is the calf?

I thought the same thing, but then was immediately hit by the next line.

Me: Knocks someone out and steals their wallet
My Friend: WTF are you doing?!
Me: We're just "sharing our resources".

A previous commenter noted that the line could be translated as "taking a small bit of excess resources", but that's still wrong because there shouldn't be any "excess". The leaps made this a bit of a harder chapter to enjoy than previous chapters.

Aggregator gang
That must be pretty traumatizing. Two girls suddenly runs towards you. Pins you down and milks you

Users who are viewing this thread