Isekai Walking - Vol. 5 Ch. 44 - Report

Dex-chan lover
True lol, he was too busy shooing the girls away to think rationally.

In my opinion, had he checked his status he would have seen the new gun crafting skill, which may have changed his decision in driving them away in the first place, since he would have had a way to defend himself and help the party better than before.
The gun recipe wasn't available until he switched to the alchemist job. And he didn't want to change jobs before now because he wasn't sure what they'd do or whether he'd be able to switch again later.

Dex-chan lover
"Japanese guy with a gun" joke was funny, at least. Maybe they'll keep it going and he'll be just awful at guns for a long time. Probably not, he'll just magically become a shooting machine because skills or level-ups or some isekai logic.

At least "get revenge on the king" has replaced "Build a ship with your party" as my motivation to keep reading.

Dex-chan lover
The gun recipe wasn't available until he switched to the alchemist job. And he didn't want to change jobs before now because he wasn't sure what they'd do or whether he'd be able to switch again later.
Yeah, that has been a problem for him since the beginning.

He does not really try to study his own abilities in depth until it is too late.

Though ironically his slow thinking is what kept the spy from killing him, so it did play out for the best for him I guess.

Fed-Kun's army
I was expecting a flintlock pistol at best, percussion cap at worst. But I was not anticipating a Beretta 92.
Same, I do not really mind the introduction of guns but mostly the half assed way of copy-pasteing a sophisticated gun in a fantasy setting out of the blue. Best option would have been a way to replicate the effect of a gun with magic stones and such.

Dex-chan lover
Either all summons got that title when they were kidnapped as gods of that world don't see them as the same as the humans of that world, or he's now literally able to walk to other worlds.

Of fucking course they give him a gun. "Oooo we can't have him learn anything that would prevent him from walking, like how to fight and block with a sword, so let's go Run&Gun." :facepalm:
Don't you mean Walk&Gun?

ok bad joke aside the world traveler could also be a mistranslation for Otherworlder or something like that?

Contributor
The appearance of a gun is so out of nowhere. It also doesn't even seem to match the art style of the rest of the manga, it's like they copied a gun and stuck it into the chapter after everything else was done.
Most of the newer series use a program like "Manga Studio" to draw their art, and import 3D models in from the program's library as needed. Just look at the generic backgrounds or mobs of mob enemies when you check out other Isekai series.

Dex-chan lover
introduction of a gun was so random and out of line with the rest of the story - and he didnt even have to know a single thing about guns to make it...too much.

Dex-chan lover
So this is why everyone kept saying this will take a nosedive in quality after he stupidly lets the girls leave. Sure hope he gets that extreme rush of adrenaline and fear from killing his first living creature that you're supposed to get if you're not loose in the head. Question is though; who or what is gonna get gunned down first?

Dex-chan lover
the-boys-homelander.gif

Dex-chan lover
Ah... he created and using gun. Time to drop it. Honestly I prefer fantasy world don't have anything from modern era. I know that Isekai protagonist is from that era, but can't helped to disappointed that they using easy way using firearms. There other novel that have protagonist working hard and training sword for years, and after creating gun... He never took/using sword again.

Good luck for people who still reading this, I hope you all won't disappointed like me.

Users who are viewing this thread