Isekai Walking - Vol. 6 Ch. 52 - A New City

Dex-chan lover
Wheat fields inside the city walls? That reminds me of around ten years ago when I first played Minecraft.

I used to plant wheat exclusively within fully fenced and well-lit towns to avoid monsters. Those dang zombies used to be terrifying. But not any more!

Minecraft zombie

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Its kind of funny to me how many are cheering at him for not buying a slave and mentioning how morally disgusting it is, but have failed to realize that the thing that makes it morally disgusting is how they are treated. Many of the MCs don't treat them as slaves but as a companion and a person, far closer to a modern employee than as a slave. On top of that him not buying one doesn't free them, they will just be bought by someone else. And if bought but someone from that world they are far more likely to be treated as actual slaves. A argument can be made of not supporting a industry, but one less buyer will not make any difference, if he talked to other and did anything to shift common morals that would be a difference. But short of starting a revolution they won't help any of the slaves, but at least by buy one and treating them well you have saved them from most likely a far worse fate.

Dex-chan lover
Its kind of funny to me how many are cheering at him for not buying a slave and mentioning how morally disgusting it is, but have failed to realize that the thing that makes it morally disgusting is how they are treated. Many of the MCs don't treat them as slaves but as a companion and a person, far closer to a modern employee than as a slave. On top of that him not buying one doesn't free them, they will just be bought by someone else. And if bought but someone from that world they are far more likely to be treated as actual slaves. A argument can be made of not supporting a industry, but one less buyer will not make any difference, if he talked to other and did anything to shift common morals that would be a difference. But short of starting a revolution they won't help any of the slaves, but at least by buy one and treating them well you have saved them from most likely a far worse fate.
You have a point, but I think they're just happy that it's something different for once. After all, people seems to have grown tired of seeing an isekai MC buying/getting a slave.

Dex-chan lover
surely he wont end up getting a slave-girl later right, without buying her or "freeing" her
I'm just happy that they didn't show up so soon. It is nice to not have the main character find exactly what they are looking for in these stories.

I hope he buys them, as that would cut all issues with previous owners off. Don't need that external drama.

Dex-chan lover
Outside of a few cases where the protagonist is legitimately screwed up in the head and emotionally detached (eg Shield Hero), the vast majority of isakai protags have no excuse for why they would ever be able to stomach owning a slave. It's just an excuse for them to be a savior figure for whatever waifu the author wants to give them.

Dex-chan lover
Outside of a few cases where the protagonist is legitimately screwed up in the head and emotionally detached (eg Shield Hero), the vast majority of isakai protags have no excuse for why they would ever be able to stomach owning a slave. It's just an excuse for them to be a savior figure for whatever waifu the author wants to give them.
Yet they are a savior to them. No matter the reason they still saved them from what is almost certainly a worse fate. And in most cases the most they ever use of the slave aspect is that they will be able to trust them with knowledge that they are a otherworlder. As someone knew to the world they have a huge lack of information, and no contacts or anyone to trust. Joining a party has tons of risks if they have a noticeable ability, hell they don't even know if their ability is noticeable. Having someone they can fully trust is one of the most common reasons and isn't even a messed up one, its just a matter of safety.

Users who are viewing this thread