Isekai Walking - Vol. 7 Ch. 66 - Waking Up

Dex-chan lover
Sorry twins, but there's a new best girl now, you just can't compete with emotionless cute loli, she's just too powerful :meguupog:

Dex-chan lover
It's like one of my Japanese isekai!

Kinda surprised Sora didn't pull the slave contract :pepela:
"Yet" I wish I was joking but I read the Novel. Granted it depends on if they do it like the Novel and it pretty much is just a case of "Become his (technical) possession until she is old enough to have her own ID" because the option of going to an Orphanage makes her panic hard and having a Child without Parents travel with an adventurer is against the law. Turns out there is another reason too but that one is for MUCH later.

le3

Dex-chan lover
"Yet" I wish I was joking but I read the Novel. Granted it depends on if they do it like the Novel and it pretty much is just a case of "Become his (technical) possession until she is old enough to have her own ID" because the option of going to an Orphanage makes her panic hard and having a Child without Parents travel with an adventurer is against the law. Turns out there is another reason too but that one is for MUCH later.
Ehh tbh I don't really mind Sora pulling the slave trope. The author has proven they can provide entertaining story while using using your usual isekai trope. We'll see...

Dex-chan lover
Ehh tbh I don't really mind Sora pulling the slave trope. The author has proven they can provide entertaining story while using using your usual isekai trope. We'll see...
True, If I remember right he was also VERY uncomfortable with the whole thing and only did it because it was either that or the Orphanage. And it still depends on how they handle it in the manga. Honestly I consider it still a Far cry from the usual "Oh I am Isekai'd. Whopps I now have 20 big tiddy slaves who all want into my pants despite me saying slavery is bad. Oh it's still chapter 1 by the way"

Dex-chan lover
There is a reason for that, but no, they’re not related.

The kingdom is all kinds of fucked up and has been basically breeding descendants of summoned people into this slave program since they’re stronger than the native humans
...well, I had assumptions that it could be related to them, but damn, didn't think they actually went that far wtf

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I read the novel, kind of surprised at how different the vibes are compared to the manga, but I hope the manga didn't become trash because after this, the story become really really silly.
Yeah the MC is like so much angrier in the novel than in manga I like legitimately thought he was gonna change right about now but I guess not. Honestly kind of like this Sora more even though he seems more naive and kind. Seeing as it fits his actions a lot more

Aggregator gang
Usually Sora never get tired as long as he walks.

And now he got tired after 2 days of walking.

And some info about slavery in WN,
-clear cut condition how and when slaves get freedom;
-their masters must provide enough food and shelter;
-must not overwork;
-must not be hurt, no sexual violation (though some slaves let their master have their way if promised getting freedom quicker).

I must say slavery in this world is kinda white

Dex-chan lover
Yeah the MC is like so much angrier in the novel than in manga I like legitimately thought he was gonna change right about now but I guess not. Honestly kind of like this Sora more even though he seems more naive and kind. Seeing as it fits his actions a lot more
There's still plenty of time for him to shed that naivete. The upcoming stuff with the entitled merchants who keep trying to screw everyone else over for their own benefit. The holy kingdom's conspiracy to murder the saintess. The trouble with the adventurers from the Borscheil Empire. The mission to take down human bandits where Sora is trying to capture the bandits alive, and his reluctance to kill humans nearly gets his adopted sister killed instead, forcing Sora to take a good look at his moral values and accept that this world is much harsher than modern Japan, and if he doesn't want to die or watch his friends die, he's going to have to be willing to use deadly force when the situation calls for it, even against human enemies. Yeah, I think the manga has the opportunity to pace his character development better, making his journey more believable and relatable for the audience. It'd be very fitting for a series like Isekai Walking to care more about the journey than the destination.

Dex-chan lover
True, If I remember right he was also VERY uncomfortable with the whole thing and only did it because it was either that or the Orphanage. And it still depends on how they handle it in the manga. Honestly I consider it still a Far cry from the usual "Oh I am Isekai'd. Whopps I now have 20 big tiddy slaves who all want into my pants despite me saying slavery is bad. Oh it's still chapter 1 by the way"
Yeah, there are effectively three types of slavery in manga: indentured servants -to- (basically) adoption; mind control; race/species based slavery that is the equivalent of American slavery...
The first one is ok, they can generally get out of it by working or being freed by their owner, or aging out of it.
The second one can make sense or be ok under circumstances... Horrible criminal? Good punishment. Normal person? Not ok.
The last one is never ok. Period. Full stop. Never.

And some info about slavery in WN,
-clear cut condition how and when slaves get freedom;
-their masters must provide enough food and shelter;
-must not overwork;
-must not be hurt, no sexual violation (though some slaves let their master have their way if promised getting freedom quicker).

I must say slavery in this world is kinda white
So, basically, indentured servants or effectively adoption (I pretty sure most places require payment to adopt...)
Logically and logistically this makes sense. Living in extreme poverty? Sell yourself, it's temporary and you get food and shelter with only the rational consequence of having to work for it. Too many mouths to feed? Sell one, with the guarantee of eventual freedom, they will be fed and sheltered and you'll have money for food.

Basically it's live-in work, but you don't get paid directly and can't choose your employer (yes, I recognize this is extremely simplified, but boiling it down to one sentence does that...)

Also, while I do recognize that the Japanese commonly used "that" word in this way for this meaning... and that this usage of "that" word does, indeed, follow the common meaning or underlying idea of "that" word... I still feel that I should point out that you may wish to be careful using "that" word under these conditions and context... (I'm talking about your final sentence, in case it wasn't obvious)

Dex-chan lover
There's still plenty of time for him to shed that naivete. The upcoming stuff with the entitled merchants who keep trying to screw everyone else over for their own benefit. The holy kingdom's conspiracy to murder the saintess. The trouble with the adventurers from the Borscheil Empire. The mission to take down human bandits where Sora is trying to capture the bandits alive, and his reluctance to kill humans nearly gets his adopted sister killed instead, forcing Sora to take a good look at his moral values and accept that this world is much harsher than modern Japan, and if he doesn't want to die or watch his friends die, he's going to have to be willing to use deadly force when the situation calls for it, even against human enemies. Yeah, I think the manga has the opportunity to pace his character development better, making his journey more believable and relatable for the audience. It'd be very fitting for a series like Isekai Walking to care more about the journey than the destination.
Yeah I always felt it was extremely jarring because I jumped from the stopping point of right before he left the village for the Orcs into the WN and he like went from that naive self to an extremely resentful and angry person in the span of a couple hours so I feel like a slower descent is a lot better for him

Dex-chan lover
So she is the young girl who will now join us as a new harem member along with Chris and possibly the other girl

Dex-chan lover
Isekai Parenting arc unlocked?

Considering how shit tier the Kingdom of Elesya is, Sora will become at least good otou-chan...

Users who are viewing this thread