Isekai Walking - Vol. 8 Ch. 70 - Slave Contract

Dex-chan lover
...yeah this is such an annoying trope. Slavery is Slavery. Why it's some Isekai thing to somehow make it "less bad" by giving it a strangely idealized and extremely unrealistic image to it is something I will never understand. Is this some contractual Isekai Author obligation?
Nonetheless this Chapter Topic should be very entertaining to read at least. I wonder how many Faces that claimed last chapter that they will now drop the Manga I will see here.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the update, hope we see the purification one updated next for more doggos lol

lol even if ciel looks marshmallow-like idk how many others would consider it 'yummy' looking, other than it just being similar to rabbits they eat XD

Group Leader
Slavery is ok in this Isekai manga “because it’s mutually beneficial”
It’s kind of like saying, it’s okay if I own a slave “ because i’ll treat them well”
That's literally how slavery worked for over 5,000 years before slavery got abolished less than 200 years ago because everyone was horrified at how the Americans were abusing slaves.

Dex-chan lover
Manga will bend over backwards doing flips and summersaults to whitewash slavery. I'm so sick of this shit.

That's literally how slavery worked for over 5,000 years before slavery got abolished less than 200 years ago because everyone was horrified at how the Americans were abusing slaves.
Americans absolutely did not invent beating, raping, and murdering the human beings they owned. Get fucking real.

Dex-chan lover
I think one issue, maybe the biggest issue, is  how the magic slavery in itself works, okay, employers have obligation of treating the slave well, okay, fair, but how will people know the abuse happened? Is there like a magic to know if people speak the truth? Does the magic slavery spell "marks" the abusers in some ways? Or make the collar shine red as if saying "hey this slave was abused"? Anything really?

I feel that that japanese writers half-assed magic slavery too much, especially because it involves literally fucking magic, they want to portray it as good but they never  really develop the system to show how it can't be abused because magic will cause consequences, so it end up mostly as lip service.

"Slavery can be good because I said so, look, I portrayed it as good, don't question the details though!"

There was countless cases of slavery being "good" in human story, but I feel that when it involves magic author has literally no excuse to at least show a proper magic system, with punishment and such if slave is abused, if they  really want people to buy that it's actually completely good.

I still think part of the issue is cultural differences, federalism still too strong in Japanese culture, so they don't see slavery as most westerners.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Slavery is ok in this Isekai manga “because it’s mutually beneficial”
It’s kind of like saying, it’s okay if I own a slave “ because i’ll treat them well”

And to be honest, whenever I see a manga, try and put slavery in a good light or try to portray it with a straw man argument. It makes me very dubious of the authors intentions and political views.

I would say his catchphrase here but I’m disappointed In him.
Also I’m guessing she might have gotten some of his abilities though the contract.

Thanks everyone at Haikai Scans for the translation.
I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to this topic in isekai, like I'm of the mind that different worlds have different morals and for most you can just turn your brain off and chill but this series takes it too far for me.
Like it's trying to justify a girl who just escaped slavery and brainwashing, being taken in as a slave and her wanting that. Yeah nah man that's a bridge too far.

ah yes, the obligatory "slavery not so bad" bullshit from Japan once again. -__- I swear with all the anime/ manga/ video games obsessed with it, you'd think the writers themselves were reincarnated plantation slave masters who kept their memories or something.

Dex-chan lover
Manga will bend over backwards doing flips and summersaults to whitewash slavery. I'm so sick of this shit.

Americans absolutely did not invent beating, raping, and murdering the human beings they owned. Get fucking real.
Americans did not invent the darker sides of slavery, but they did make it infinitely worse, turned it 100% racial, and used bible to justify it.

Users who are viewing this thread