Isekai Walking

Goddamnit, why did this manga have to go the slavery route too?! I was so happy that it wasn't a thing until now. And like others said, the explanation of the slave trader makes absolutely no fucking sense. Ugh I hate it

meh
the walking part and some even remotely thought out world building makes this a somewhat interesting story
and the MC actually faces some sort of adversity and the struggles and the cooking kinda elevates this to an acceptable point
it ain't the best but in terms of isekai it's probably above average
but it really makes me want to see a Book of Travels manga or an actual novel or just anything outside of the game and the artbook
maybe an adaptation of the singer's rosaries

Double-page supporter
The panel saying that slavery is a mutual contract agreement is the biggest oxymoron I've ever read in my entire life. That's literally not what slavery means. This is just a normal legal contract with edgy steps.
Honestly it's not even that. The guy explicitly says slavery is used as a punishment for bad slave owners, or for people facing execution, or POW. Did those people consent to be enslaved? Is it consent if the alternative is death?

The story is not going anywhere. The small conversations are dragged out, while nothing happens on the plot. Is boring.

Idea was silly enough to read for some fun but really getting tired of the "slavery is required or good" trope in series like these. Just wish anime/manga would move on from this trope already -_-

Supporter
God damnit, WTF is the difference between Dex and agility? The status screen is translated in a different confusing way every time it's opened. I think last time it was muscle strength and physical strength. Also the text bubble indicated an increase in knowledge, which is not a stat at all!

-_-

I like stat blocks. This makes me sad.

I'm like 3 or 4 chapters in. Maybe it gets better. The story is kinda cute.

I'm curious if slavery is a common thing in Japanese RPGs and MMOs - i.e. as a way to acquire party members and whatnot. 'Cause it sure shows up all the time in iseki. There were more realistic ways the author could handle what is essentially adoption rather than having the girl become his slave.

Users who are viewing this thread