Isekai Yakkyoku - Vol. 10 Ch. 50

Dex-chan lover
I am so tired of the trope of “the only humans with black hair are the Japanese.” When black hair is found everywhere in the world.
its not a trope, this is basically a historical isekai thing, if you go back a couple hundred years, in eu, black hair isn't as common as it is now

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Huh???
What the f*** happen with him???
@.@...

Power Uploader
It is now, but it really wasn't common anywhere but Asia and Africa until global travel became much more common. It is a hair colour like redheads- it requires both parents to have the gene to breed true, else you get brown hair. Especially in Europe, brown to blonde hair is far more common, and as most fantasy stories take place in a fantasy medieval european setting, it is what it is.
That's not true. Black hair was and remains relatively common throughout Europe as far back as recorded history goes. Certainly region dependant, as northern Europeans generally had lighter hair, red or blonde, southern had black and brown. That remains true even today, but there's black and brown amongst northerners, and red and blonde amongst the Mediterraneans and Adriatic peoples. It's diverse, and always has been diverse.

Dex-chan lover
aww just when I think plot can move forward, Falma just brushed it away. I want to know more about the lore.

Dex-chan lover
That's not true. Black hair was and remains relatively common throughout Europe as far back as recorded history goes. Certainly region dependant, as northern Europeans generally had lighter hair, red or blonde, southern had black and brown. That remains true even today, but there's black and brown amongst northerners, and red and blonde amongst the Mediterraneans and Adriatic peoples. It's diverse, and always has been diverse.
I never said it didn't exist, I said that it wasn't common, which is accurate. There's plenty of darker hair colours, especially dark brown, but true black? Not at all common. My mother, for example, coming from Poland/Ukraine genetically, had really dark brown hair, such that I initially thought that it was black when I was a kid. However, as I got older, and my own hair went from a dirty blonde (my dad's hair colour) to a mousy brown to the dark brown that it is now, I realized that it was just a really dark brown with natural red undertones (which she confirmed when I asked her, when she was still alive). If we go to most any country in Europe, you'll see waves of blondes or brunettes, depending on the region, but scarce few true black-haired people (at least by natural colour).

By comparison, go anywhere in China except for where the Miao people live, and all you'll see is natural black hair, with maybe a few that have dyed it some other colour in the big cities, or that are mixed-race and as such have dark brown or even blonde hair instead. The Miao are an exception simply because they are an ethnic asian subgroup that naturally has blonde and brunette hair in some of the population due to their ancestry being traceable back from far north nomadic groups (they have ancestral stories of arctic circle-tier day/night cycles, and weather) that came south and settled in northern China, and eventually moved (or were moved) south to Guizhou and the surrounding provinces, but even then the majority are still primarily black-haired like Han Chinese. The same sort of thing happens in Japan, or Korea, or Vietnam, or any other Asian country, though with fewer and fewer instances of lighter hair.

Dex-chan lover
The hell? Instead of investigating his origin, he decided to shut his mouth and pretend that nothing ever happen?
Solomon is a good ally aldy.
Also, is this harem?

Dex-chan lover
It is now, but it really wasn't common anywhere but Asia and Africa until global travel became much more common. It is a hair colour like redheads- it requires both parents to have the gene to breed true, else you get brown hair. Especially in Europe, brown to blonde hair is far more common, and as most fantasy stories take place in a fantasy medieval european setting, it is what it is.
Black hair has been common in most many european country for a realy long time, way before global travel... Black hair is and as always been the most common hair color in this world.
You dont need two parent with black hair to have black hair, you just need one ancestor to have it.

In France for exemple having black hair is the most common things and it has been for an extremely long time. People with black hair in Europe dont have it because of immigration from Asia nor Africa, since migration from these place into Europe only became somethings since 30 year ago, before this it was so small that it could not have any impact.

Dex-chan lover
That's a nice smile to wake up to.

If you claim you cannot die while they're young, get some help, idiot. Ignoring sickness has traditionally not been the right answer.

It is now, but it really wasn't common anywhere but Asia and Africa until global travel became much more common.
Black hair is common in southern Europe, and has been for a very long time.

Dex-chan lover
Black hair has been common in most many european country for a realy long time, way before global travel... Black hair is and as always been the most common hair color in this world.
You dont need two parent with black hair to have black hair, you just need one ancestor to have it.

In France for exemple having black hair is the most common things and it has been for an extremely long time. People with black hair in Europe dont have it because of immigration from Asia nor Africa, since migration from these place into Europe only became somethings since 30 year ago, before this it was so small that it could not have any impact.
Black hair has been the most common hair colour in the world because China and India are the two largest populations in the world at 1.412 billion and 1.408 billion, respectively (as of 2021), and both are high-proportion black-haired populations (though India has many more brunettes of various shades as well, unlike China). It is not a common hair colour in Europe or most anywhere else in the world, other than Asia and Africa. And, since it seems you need the clarification for a third time, that isn't me saying "European people with black hair don't exist" (which is the only reasonable understanding for what you are assuming I said, because you're talking about, "people in Europe don't have it because of immigration from Asia and Africa", when I have repeatedly noted that I said it is NOT COMMON, not nonexistant). Most of the portion of French people with black hair can trace their ancestry to the Moors and Romans that came up through Spain and the Mediterranean, much like those in Hungary and north-east Europe can trace lineage to the Magyar nomads that slowly came down from northwestern Asia over millenia and then integrated into the local population.

Dex-chan lover
Why the fuck can they touch his id?!, it was mentioned that only gods can touch it multiple times in this chapter

I wonder if the female Medicine God was his assistant from the first chapter, and she held onto his ID as a memento of him.

No, the Empress had TB, so the cure for it would have been documented and spread by now. It's probably cancer.
oh i totally forgot

Last edited:
Power Uploader
I never said it didn't exist, I said that it wasn't common, which is accurate. There's plenty of darker hair colours, especially dark brown, but true black? Not at all common. My mother, for example, coming from Poland/Ukraine genetically, had really dark brown hair, such that I initially thought that it was black when I was a kid. However, as I got older, and my own hair went from a dirty blonde (my dad's hair colour) to a mousy brown to the dark brown that it is now, I realized that it was just a really dark brown with natural red undertones (which she confirmed when I asked her, when she was still alive). If we go to most any country in Europe, you'll see waves of blondes or brunettes, depending on the region, but scarce few true black-haired people (at least by natural colour).
No, you're just plain wrong. Natural black hair is fairly common in Southern Europe, and has been since antiquity. It is not rare at all, nor is it rare in many northern European countries. It is LESS common than Asian countries of course, which is mathematically obvious, but it is not uncommon or rare. It didn't just show up all of a sudden with an influx of moors and africans lol

Dex-chan lover
Is he going to die?
Eventually :02:
but not from this
there could also be the possibility of Falma only having memories of the researcher, but not actually being that person and that all other medicine gods also had his memories. maybe the first Medicine God was the researcher himself and he transfered with his belongings
That is a really cool theory tho.

Dex-chan lover
The id came 3000 years ago eh. I want to push the plot that Falma reincarnated as the waifu medicine god. :lul: But man, again with the sensationalization of black hair.

As for Lotte, chances are, she's staying as your personal maid then your waifu, if for some reason, you choose to.

Bro seems to have tb or something.

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder if the female Medicine God was his assistant from the first chapter, and she held onto his ID as a memento of him.

No, the Empress had TB, so the cure for it would have been documented and spread by now. It's probably cancer.
Could be bronchitis instead

Users who are viewing this thread