Isekai Yakkyoku - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - The Boy Without A Shadow and the Inquisition, Part 3

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't anesthesiology require a ridiculous level of accuracy? If the amount used is a little under the needed amount it doesn't work, and if it's a little over you kill the patient right? Or maybe that's only in instances where you're putting the patient to sleep.

@depzdai It's uncommon but, when you break a bone, specially large bones, some of the fat tissue from the bone marrow leak into your blood, and It may cause something called Fat Embolism Syndrome. FES can result in serious complications, such as pulmonary insufficiency, anemia, thrombocytopenia, dyspnoea, and a diffuse petechial rash on the skin overlying the chest, which is fatal in 10% of the cases. So yes, a broken leg may cause death, even If there is no infection at all. :b

@orochijes I does require alot of accuracy and attention on what you're doing, regardless If the patient is awake or not. But the MC did say he had experience on surgery and such, and although he had only performed It on animals, he did watch It being done on humans, so he knew what he was doing. He was just nervous because It was his first time doing It on a actual human being. :eek:

Dex-chan lover
@depzdai - broken leg is mostly dangerous because of the possibility of infection. Cutting off a leg doesn't always work, especially if you don't know about disinfecting your saw - you just add a new wound that might get infected too. People usually mention tetanus when talking about infected injuries.
Also it's possible to just lose enough blood to die outright, but any surgeon worth the title should be able to help with that.

I love how he goes into detail over the difficulty of doing invasive surgery without experience, but then just casually says he'll inject anesthetic a few pages later. There's a reason anesthesiologists are in massive demand, and fucking around with spinal injections is WOAH. Why is the compound fracture taking the most attention? lmao

Rereading this chapter after the current chapter, Page 22 is a subtle foreshadowing and also hilarious in hindsight XD
"I am human please believe me" said the transparent boy

i really am not a fan of that hand thing he has to do every time he activates his god eye or whatever LMFAO
it looks so chuuni jfhjsdhfk

Dex-chan lover
I'm astounded at how quickly he just put together a surgical outfit and equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread