Isekai Yururi Camp - Ch. 13.2 - Honey-Cotted Strawberrys

Dex-chan lover
Thanks!

LOL not that he needs to but maybe he should sell some of the strawberry candy or so going into town and setting up a stand but i imagine he's not gonna go outta his way to visit other cities or so
Wait, directly simmering honey without burning it is possible?
even without magic i'm sure there are irl cooking techniques or so that takes a few years to perfect, like how some ppl are called chocolatiers specifically as a a specialization as opposed to just "baker"/patissier

Dex-chan lover
Wait, directly simmering honey without burning it is possible?
you can caramelize it, and it is quite easy as well, just grab a lot of honey, and boil while taking samples of it every 5 minutes to see if it has darkened to your desired level. It gives it its usual toffee and caramel flavors.

I have not tested it but I do not think you can harden caramelized honey to match the ordinary sugar variant of the desert showed this chapter. I imagine it being sticky even when cold, instead of having a hard crust.

That is comfortable and soothing feeling, understanding what demnon princess learn about nature, truly good that not everything had to be destroyed at, not only that her personality change once with them. Well done for the lesson

Dex-chan lover
Smoked meat is indeed delicious.

She looks weird in chibi form with ponytails and no other hair.

Honey glazed strawberries. And foodie lines.

Plant looks so done with her, but that doesn't seem to match its actual disposition. But it's nice that she treats it as a normal person.

How did the killer plant become so adorable
You're saying that as if it's somehow unnatural for killer plants to be cute.

Dex-chan lover
I'd assume it's the same way as you do sugar. Just gotta keep stirring and pay attention to the heat since it'll burn easily otherwise.
It's exactly that, if ya have a candy thermometer it's actually quite easy

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, like most things, put it on low heat when in doubt, and stir a lot. Better it takes a while rather than burn it.

Users who are viewing this thread