Isekai Yururi Kikou - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - A New Friend!

Dex-chan lover
@goodhunter , consider this: soy sauce was only invented once. In all other countries, soy sauce became available only because it was exported from there. Europe and both Americas never invented anything quite like it.
Many old-timey societies weren't particularly interested in invention and didn't have research institutes. Especially when it came to food - few people would willingly eat suspicious food. Invention was a matter of luck, desperation, and it catching on.
Isekai MCs usually have excess of resources that might be even more than that of a local noble, since they have adventuring income, impressive magic powers, few wasteful habits, and no responsibilities. As a result, they can be a one-man research institute similar to Leonardo Da Vinci. Their superior education and desire for things out of this world surely help there.

Next, yes, travelers from other lands (or people returning from other lands) starting new trends was a quite common occurrence when people started seriously traveling. It makes perfect sense for isekai MCs to be like that too. At least, in any world that didn't have its Age of Exploration yet. Exploration and international trade is really hindered by all the monsters that inhabit game-like fantasy worlds.

@Elmithian , @Sliiime - pretty good guess. I don't remember if it was in the manga, but when goddess of creation thought about using her powers to create some Japanese food, Wind God had to restrain her, because it would cause cataclysms all over the world. I guess elemental gods using their powers aren't a joke either.
Normally, they have to act through their representatives on the ground, like Kaizer and Takumi. And for some reason, there is a severe lack of those. Maybe living in god realm is just that much more comfortable?

More adorable animal companions is always a good thing.

@flannan -
Actually, it's was the "head retainer of Light", Luce who stopped her - at least in the WN. Reference: https://novelonomicon.com/novels/isekai-yururi-kikou/idle-talk-10/

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me of a dog I once had.
I'd throw a ball and he'd come back with a tree limb, I'd throw a frisbee and he'd come back with a Waifu.

He was such a good boy.

Dex-chan lover
Large Dog!? Never in my life have I ever seen a dog that comes up to my shoulders in height. Why not just say he became the size of a normal lion? Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
@BusWindow there are extremely large dogs like great danes, any type of mastiff breed pretty much, irish wolfhound, newfoundland. Not to say they are all huge all the time but i've seen a couple dogs who were close to 6 feet while on all fours. He is more like a wolf anyways

Fed-Kun's army
lol. thats a new take on a classic gag.

Use to be throw a stick bring back a log.

Now the question is, did he grab an already unconscious maid or is it the lions fault (in some way) that she "dead"

Dex-chan lover
Following the naming scheme of Sylphyleel and Salamanteel... why is the water god Windeel? Shouldn’t it be Undeel?

Dex-chan lover
@mayo That is BS. Ppl are greedy and get bored easily when it comes to food. How long can you eat your favorite thing everyday, every meal, the same way, before you try to change things up? Curiosity, greed, and making do with what you have, has been the inspiration for all cooking. Even if you say the food is good as is, it is ridiculous no one would try something different, in centuries, across nations. Because if this were true then all innovation should follow as the ppl would be utter sloths, incapable of creativity and change. Because they would forever be satisfied by how things already are.

Users who are viewing this thread