Island Manager - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Is This... Inspiration?

Double-page supporter
"The only thing that I could concentrate on was what I was feeling on my back."

Glad to know our manager is conscious with those kind of things 👀

Thanks for the update!

Double-page supporter
I snorted when he fastened his tie while shirtless

Thanks for the translation!

Double-page supporter
This has such a ridiculous premise, and I'm here for it! Manager's sanpaku eyes are the best!

Group Leader
@silasthebloodthirsty Ahaha I think he already has tbh. He told her in order to have some resemblance of a normal life that she should change her mindset to “this is my workplace” and, I mean, that’s what he’s been doing this whole time... my over-analyzing leads me to deduce that he’s already snapped but figured out his coping mechanism lol

@77BLc9JwJGpLVARkamJx Yeah, I’ve never tried it by itself, but based on my Googling about wakame, it doesn’t seem like it would be too bad (it’s apparently used in miso soup).

Group Leader
There were so many times i laughed LOL their reactions are so hilarious

This blends surrealism and the mundane so expertly that I'm always surprised at where it goes. This series has some strong Arakawa Under the Bridge vibes, except there are only 2 characters. I'd love to watch an anime of this; hard to decide on who I want for the voices, but I think HanaKana fits Komatsu really well. Maybe Maeno Tomoaki or Kamiya Hiroshi for the manager?

@Satansslut669 I imagine Grandpa Komatsu's favorite drink tastes like miso soup without the miso -- just dashi broth with wakame. It would probably be better hot than cold, though.

Group Leader
@mimicking lmao yes sameee, they’re great. I would also gladly die for that turtle 😅

@chonkury I’ve only seen a couple episodes of that show, but I definitely get what you’re saying. Yeah, this manga is great! I think it has super strong potential to actually get an anime if I’m being honest. Also, while I absolutely love anime, I’m basically tone deaf for all voice actors, English or Japanese, doesn’t matter. Only on a rare, rare day can I recognize a voice, so I don’t have any sophisticated opinions on this 😭 I can say that seeing this animated would be glorious though. Also, yes! This manga is hilarious/absurd, yet hits on regular life stuff very well.

😂😂😂😂😂

He doing root cause analysis with her using the 5 whys... sitting on a rock with the waves hitting him...

Will definitely use this mental image during my reviews 😜

@Satansslut669 Lol I don't really mind who gets cast as long as they pull off their characters; I just have favorites. ^^;; Anyway, I figure the humor and action in this series transfers well to anime, and a strong cast of voice actors will just make it so much better. I got some pleasant surprises in this year's anime line-up -- I really wasn't expecting the manga I'd followed to get adapted -- so I'm cautiously hoping this one could get picked up someday too.

THIS MAN IS INCREDIBLE --IS HE DOING THE BUTTERFLY STROKE??? WHAT--I'M-- Lol I love this manga so much lol. Both of the main characters are so different yet so lovable and their character dynamic is just *mwah* bellisimo Thank you once again for your incredible scanlations! I appreciate every single letter you put and all the fancy fonts. Take care you beautiful legend 😘

Users who are viewing this thread