Isshiki-san wa Koi wo shiritai. - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - Rokutanda Meishi Can't Hold It In.

Dex-chan lover
They're gonna have a whole six man rotation and a bench full of roleplayers once it starts

ivv

Dex-chan lover
Sounds like an ntr plot to me. But she is a minor so its relly better to keep it safe. You don't have an ally in the courtroom if you're against a minor :v

Dex-chan lover
Remember that 18 is still considered a minor in Japan. Their age of majority is 20.

wcr2mj.png

Meishi's thought process
Saving you meme for later use.
Everytime I read this and reminded being her a minor, I feel nauseous.

There was no need to make her a minor if you are not going to show her in school.
Since the doujin work was set in London, I honestly think it was only to string along the development when needed. She's 17, so it's only a year if the author uses the new JP law of the legal age being 18 instead of 20. Also, by the stuff mentioned in the manga, Rokutanda is only 19 so not much of a big difference in Asia per say, and I'm sure Romeo and Juliet laws exists in the West. So if anything, it's like only used to string the manga along.
Sounds like an ntr plot to me.
Seems like you've been reading too much NTR manga, and by you I mean both of us. I stopped years ago after figuring out it wasn't for me but it has left me scared, cause I got the fear of something like that reading this chapter. I get that the author wanted to show Rinna says she wanted it but is also not ready, could have shown her shaking some more and Meishi picking up on that, like other manga do, but it's fine. Thankfully, the artist will probably never ever go that way since she's spent, what, 20+ doujin volumes on them already if we leave out the 5 volumes of the official serialization.

Also, is it just me but does this feel like a Ikki x Stella where Ikki says no the first time, but the second time, he is the one asking? Hopefully it goes that way.

Remember that 18 is still considered a minor in Japan. Their age of majority is 20.
The age of marriage for women was 16 and for men it was 18. With the new change in laws last year, both marriage ages + voting and other stuff is now at 18+ for everyone now. The only stuff they still can't do before 20 is go to nightclubs, gambling (pachinko parlours as well, since apparently that comes under gambling) and buy alcohol.

Since Meishi is NOT considered a minor in the setting, the author is probably using the new 18 one instead of 20, since by that count, Meishi would also be a minor and they technically could get married.

Dex-chan lover
Here's a more important question. Since she was a working detective on the police force and the story never once had acting like a minor, why was her character a minor in the first place.

The only time it comes up is when anything sexual is about to happen, but otherwise, she is a freaking detective, it's so silly she's a minor.
Wasn’t she 18 & Japan’s adult age was 20?

Double-page supporter
Firstly, I wanna say how astonishing it is how much the TL has improved since you first started. Good job.

Secondly, I’m 100% sure that Rinna being a minor is just ageplay bait for people who get off on that and has no actual plot or character development relevance. It’s a convenient plot device to be used on occasion, but they could both be aged up and this manga would still read 95% the same. Suspend your disbelief, this is basically a high school romance set in an office worker genre setting. The actual physical intimacy will develop slowly and maybe not even at all if we’re talking about sex. C’est la vie.

Dex-chan lover
Ok ok...
I have to agree with Meishi here, kind of.
She said "what YOU have been looking forward"
Also there is her facial expressions
You don't need to be a detective to know she was not ready
(her inner thoughts confirms this: I can't waver here)
Chad move Meishi

Users who are viewing this thread