Isshou Hatarakitakunai Ore ga Classmate no Daininki Idol ni Natsukaretara - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - What We Need Is Not Obligation.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. So, let see if I have this right...I don't want to cause a scandal by having an idol seen with a man. So instead of being a paid 'chef' preparing your meals, I will do it for expenses, just as if I'm your husband or wife.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter. So, let see if I have this right...I don't want to cause a scandal by having an idol seen with a man. So instead of being a paid 'chef' preparing your meals, I will do it for expenses, just as if I'm your husband or wife.
That seems to be the case. He doesn't want to impose and looks like he only wants to be net zero after taking the cost of ingredients and utensils into account. Also his goal was to be a house-husband and otherwise not need to work anymore. I wonder if the idol will take that at face value and marry him once she doesn't need to work for the rest of her life.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, as expected. He wanted to change things, not end things. Though he is trying to distance himself, but he's really just setting himself up as a normal husband.

Sure, if something happens and she can't continue, she can never have any job or future at all. Right.

And he's still not an unknown guy. He's her manager, caretaker, or some such.

I like her suggestion. It's sensible. Also the setup for many harems, like Love Hina. Sort of.

End of the next week isn't that soon for moving. Depending on how you live, it doesn't take that long. A big house might take time, but that's a small apartment. Takes a weekend at most. I've done it in a day.

Being dense to everyone. He sure is the MC.

Ah yes let's move your chef-boyfriend-husband-manservant in together with your 2 equally horny schoolgirl idol friends surely they won't take a liking to him.
Nah, they won't take a liking to him. That's already too late.

Ah, yes. Get ready to move apartments in ~5 days, while also still going to school. Perfectly reasonable.
She said by the end of next week, so 8-13 days.

So instead of being a paid 'chef' preparing your meals, I will do it for expenses, just as if I'm your husband or wife.
Yep, about my reaction as well.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, I missed section 1 of his new contract. She takes care of the rent and utilities. So, he's basically the kept man. I like it! Fits right in with eventually being a house-husband, but that's like the farthest thing from non-scandal for an idol if they are ever found out.

I mean, that's nothing compared to the fact that he's gonna be living with 3 idols as a roommate (well, he's not going to be responsible for any household expenses, so he'll still be the kept man) instead of a paid, live-in dietician/chef. For a guy that's trying to prevent any scandals, he sure has a funny way of going about it.

Dex-chan lover
He refuses to take more money than he feels his work is worth... But the title of the manga is about getting out of having to work at all, so unless his family is secretly well off, isn't marrying someone to work for him his only choice? Why is he still fooling around like he isn't looking to marry her. Yet another -1 on Japanese MCs capable of self-reflection.
Well that is the thing. He wants to be a stay at home husband, not be a personal chef.

Dex-chan lover
Idk why but i for some reason think they will reveal that yukio is a girl in the future

Dex-chan lover
Damn, was expecting him to say no to the contract and making a new one where he operates neither at a loss or a profit was to be expected. I couldn't have guessed that she wanted him to move out and live in this entire floor with the rest of the girls obviously in different houses and her simply agreeing to him but with her own twist. Good shit definitely a good read and nice translation

Dex-chan lover
Finally caught up.
I can cook, so where's the girl that will pay me??
Atleast, i can cook water

Dex-chan lover
The only harem i like is real true harem. Please no false harem... if theres false harem, there is drama.

Dex-chan lover
The only harem i like is real true harem. Please no false harem... if theres false harem, there is drama.
If the setting doesn't contain any fantasy elements, or it's premise isn't based on the fact that the polygamy is a-ok, you can always bet your ass it's a fake one

Double-page supporter
its been so long that i dont even remember his classmates anymore 😕

Dex-chan lover
If the setting doesn't contain any fantasy elements, or it's premise isn't based on the fact that the polygamy is a-ok, you can always bet your ass it's a fake one
And also to me "real harems" are infinitely more disgusting than harem bait, so o7 to the other guy I guess

Dex-chan lover
He refuses to take more money than he feels his work is worth... But the title of the manga is about getting out of having to work at all, so unless his family is secretly well off, isn't marrying someone to work for him his only choice? Why is he still fooling around like he isn't looking to marry her. Yet another -1 on Japanese MCs capable of self-reflection.
I feel like we made a big jump somewhere along this line of reasoning

Dex-chan lover
image.png

As long as you don't look at the NovelUpdates link, you're welcome to live in your own world.
rip :qq:

Double-page supporter
just hoping mc stay look to fmc i know shes idol but yeaa dont know next story what author want to make the story in this manga ver, hoping there is different story and just dont want rushed/axed story bcause this year so much jp mangas doing rushed or axed story feels so disapointed and annoying maybe author already lazy or out of ideas to continued they manga story

Users who are viewing this thread