It Is My First Love

Again it's really frustrating that the ML cares more about if she thought he did it instead of trying to put himself in her shoes. School bullying - you don't have to experience it to know the whole class, including your close friend, turning on you is unbearable.

I don't understand why the translating team is so critical of the MC? She literally did nothing wrong except trust the wrong people in high school. She has this big trauma from her MS/HS days and as long as she's not made to relive that, she's somewhat managing. She's not like Jisoo judging others based on her past. And she's not being bitter or unreasonable.

Her love interest keeps ramming her bad experiences down her throat so all she does is react and feel constant distress. So she's not the most exciting character. I wish she told him to fxxx off but she's a gentler kind of character and I don't think that's a bad thing.

@Ceereus he said to himself being a greedy but I say that's not the case. He is an insensitive, selfish jerk who won't listen to others when they reject him. The fact that the author did not acknowledged that if he had thrown away the latter none of this wouldn't happened makes it obvious that the author is trying to make the male character innocent. Although the toxicity in this story is not that much as you mostly get to see in shoujo mangas/manhwas/manhus it's still is enough for one person to get frustrated and wish if he/she wouldn't read it.

@Siddj Even when Moonyoung stole the letter from her he said "how could you write this when Jisoo is your friend?" He misunderstood from the start and knew how damaging it was. It's blackmail. Where's taking responsibility for blackmailing her for months and causing that situation? He still intends to ignore her wishes and try to get close to her. He hasn't learned or grown as a person.

Really good point about the author not acknowledging what Moonyoung was at fault for! If I was the MC I would have brought that up.

There's 30 some chapters left I think but unlike other shoujo, the romance is a bit harder to accept for me. And we know the stuff about the past isn't over because we have 2 (or 3 if the letter exposer is reintroduced) more sub characters for her to make peace with. So far, except for a scene or 2 in the past, there is no romance.

I’m kinda getting tired of this trauma being brought up over and over again. Reading it is getting boring. ML isn’t likable or redeemable if he keeps looking for others to blame for his mistakes.
And that long black hair girl. Gurl if he hasn’t gotten with you or given you a chance in the last 10 years he sure isn’t now.
Female lead needs some new good friends ASAP, leave those old fake friends in the past.

Moral of the story : if you are a handsome lead, no matter how much you caused trouble you'll be forgiven and eventually you'll even get to be in a relationship with your victim.

@Siddj Seriously. I suspected from the beginning we were supposed to look past everything because he loves her. We're supposed to think he's heroic because he punched the locker besides glasses' head 🙄. (He can get angry with others but not feel any anger towards himself???) Now they're even prepping us further with the "he cherished those memories" bs. I hate everything about it.

Personally, I would have been able to look past the past if he respected the boundaries she set when they met again. But there's this stupid shoujo thing where protecting and distancing yourself from harmful people is somehow considered running away. So it's ok that he's forceful and disrespectful to her for 30 chapters.

gotdamn why does the team (and some readers too apparently) hate the fl so much
girl's got middle school trauma apart from her high school trauma, where the whole class was against her, and they were like really vocal about it too, (was the whole class dating the same one guy wth,) and sided with her friend (who also had a middle school trauma) (like yknow trauma vs trauma but we side with this other person more, thats gotta mess you up even if its only a little or thats just me)

and true, both parties (the daeuns and the non daeuns) had no idea about each other after that, she didnt know they felt sorry and moonyoung didnt give the letter, and they didn't know the girl was so traumatised she was changed her whole dang name and goes as far as to deny facts about her

(im still on chapter 26, so sorry idk the rest yet, everyone was getting on my nerves with all this 'why didnt she contact me' lmao had to get it out, it is a comment section anyway lol)

*gotta go read bye*

ah damn
this guy, pretty sure he is the cat guy and its why he kept the letter all those time, why cant he tell the truth (at least its how I think, a theory, why would he keep it right), ah and that explanation... I don't even know what to say.... he waited 10 years for something so lacking, I legit would have carried a paper around me all the time containing everything I want to say if it bothered me that much
and this girl... "water under the bridge" my @$$ you cant even talk about it, cant even bear hearing "yoon da eun"
also what chapter was the voicemail again im like so close to strangling some girl who said it was the guy that did it

and I just remembered in ch 26 who said those lines about "contacting me I was a little angry" and " if not me jisoo at least" it doesn't make sense for moonyoung to say 'little angry' and to mention jisoo like that, so im pretty sure its the other guy saying both lines.. bro? the letter was about you? why would she contact you th?

giddy up yall, its another 30 chapters of the same problem T T

@labanbes The team seem to only see things from the ml's view. So the fmc attempts to distance herself are just her running away since it affects the ml. It's frustrating.

Yup I read it as he's cat guy too. Which makes it worse because it's obvious she was so sad then and... he could have simply corrected her right away and then she would know the one who she had feelings for all along was him not his friend. He wouldn't have "needed" to blackmail her into spending time with him. Everything could have been avoided.

Water under the bridge - I think she just wants to move past it because there's nothing anyone can do for her. Especially since he doesn't even feel bad about his role in everything or understand why she's hurting. She's lived with those feelings for 10 years. Middle school and both high schools. She's been going through it. I didn't read it as her forgiving him.

That line about contacting him and Jisoo says it all. Even now, it's all about their feelings.

I think he wanted to be contacted because of their deep feelings 😴

Trauma vs trauma but one person
can tell the whole class about their trauma and be comforted by everyone 🍵 Even now, her feelings are being advocated for. We all deserve to be Jisoo.

Thanks so much for the update!! It was juicy, as usual!!😊 have a good rest, you deserve it for all ur hard work!

This is a unique story so thank you for your hard work, this has been very interesting. Can’t wait for more

Thank you for the update. Also how does he remember everything about her 10 years later? Obsessed much!

Why does it say Completed?
By the way if anyone wants the raw version, here it is
https://newtoki83.com/webtoon/259954?toon=%EC%9D%BC%EB%B0%98%EC%9B%B9%ED%88%B0

😃

@shokupanda You're not necessarily going to die just because you have an allergy. To me, it just means I get itchy so I still eat it whenever I can.

@LLAMAWORLD121 the publication status is completed but the scanlation/English translation isn't! The web comic actually just finished published this a few months ago!

Well the romance has started but they sure love to ignore the most important subject in the story. Bullying 🙄that is.

Users who are viewing this thread