Itai Onee-san wa Suki Desu ka? - Vol. 3 Ch. 47 - Painful Friendship

Are they really trying to make us feel bad for the slut? She is cheating with five men at the same time, she deserves to be isolated, and what they say is mostly true.

Itai is such a brilliant character. Infinitely relatable, yet so over the top, it drives the manga's comedy, always with some heart and (often maligned) hope among the dark.

Group Leader
not saying sonobe's actions are morally correct towards the men or their partners, but how is it okay to ostracize a woman who is having affairs with multiple men when they aren't even YOUR partner? this comes down to women hating other women for what they deem to be unladylike/slutty. all too real. i'm with itai on this one. i just wouldn't care.

Double-page supporter
I mean, you reap what you sow, I'm not saying that is OK to ostracize or making "a desprestige campaign" towards someone, is not OK no matter who shitty the person is, but she can't either have the cake and eat it, you can't just pretend that nobody should care about anything, that she goes sleeping with half town and maybe in that half-town is your partner, and you chose to be indifferent or not care just because it wasn't with you, everything comes and bit you on the ass sooner or later, and if she have been that way all her life and haven reflected on anything says a lot about her.

I neither pitty her, or try to even rationalize her, or try to say that what's happening her she deserves it, is just that no matter how many sides an story has, there are some things rights and wrong, and some actions could be avoided or done differently.

Double-page supporter
Based comment section, slut-shaming her. That's what keeps the right order of things. But I gotta say, I felt kind of sympathy for her, so props to the author for that.

Dex-chan lover
shes not a morally good person at all, but girls ostracizing her purely from rumors is pretty dumb.They thought she was macking with a dude thats not her type, and while we dont know for sure, its implied they didnt invite itai purely because she was around her which is extra dumb.

If they factually know and dont want to associate with a girl seducing 5+ dudes to have affairs with their partners thats absolutely fair.

Dex-chan lover
momojojo, think it over for a moment.

When the guy has an affair, we can call the guy out for having a moral failing (ie cheating on their spouse)

When Sonobe is having an affair with a man with full knowledge of him being married, she is knowingly hurting his wife (maybe children if he has any). This is why we call people like Sonobe "homewreckers".

Dex-chan lover
When I read the chapter title I thought it was gonna be Itai rejecting the other guy and staying friends lol

Dex-chan lover
@momojojo They are ostracizing someone who's literally a house breaker, why would that be a shitty thing? I mean the old man was ready to have a divorce for her. It's basically karma. She acts like a dick, and in turn, others will act like a dick to her.

Double-page supporter
Why do I feel like I've done something very similar to Itai-san with that bento box... Also, one of the female coworkers has the exact same haircut as Itai-san? That was confusing lol

Looks like Itai-san is getting a harem now

And lemme share my philosopy to y'all, this is useful in the internet nowadays. "Hating two different points doesn't mean you're on the same page". Spreading rumors they didn't do because "they deserve it because they did something bad" is just gonna make the situation worse. That's why twitter is a shithole right now.

Users who are viewing this thread