Itaranu Bokura ni Cake wo Soete - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Seventh Spoon

Dex-chan lover
Circling back around to the drama, tho even if she kept it 'under wraps' there must be some kinda filing with the government somewhere to where on paper it's known who her ex is lol

Double-page supporter
Thank you so much for the chapters! I can't wait to see how it unfolds further

Circling back around to the drama, tho even if she kept it 'under wraps' there must be some kinda filing with the government somewhere to where on paper it's known who her ex is lol
I know, right? With either decision, they would still need to hide the marriage, evem after the divorce. And in the first place, won't people speculating about her divorce be a worse scandal than people finding out she had a husband in the first place?? Man, JP entertainment industry is weird, it's like they knowingly make their target demographic the parasocial creeps.

Dex-chan lover
I know, right? With either decision, they would still need to hide the marriage, evem after the divorce. And in the first place, won't people speculating about her divorce be a worse scandal than people finding out she had a husband in the first place?? Man, JP entertainment industry is weird, it's like they knowingly make their target demographic the parasocial creeps.
i think it'd only be 'scandalous' if she was an idol rather than an actor, or if she like, either married a 'fan' or someone that's like, fresh outta highschool (tho some age gaps might be more accepted in japan)

or if anything some ppl might have her 'fake' a relationship with a costar for good pr, tho some actors and stuff/ppl in the 'industry'/adjacent all get married to each other b/c they're spending all that time together/convenient as well

Or like "oh he's going to demand money from me when i get more successful i better end this before he knows i'm richer" or so which would also be a bit shallow for this kinda story but who knows

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully the author is well compensated for this advertisement :lul:

Good payoff in this chapter for the (rather timid) drama preceding it. Always nice to see people getting inspired and having a good time, even if I'm furious at my allergy to desserts now :pout:

I sure hope chapter 5 is misdirection and not foreshadowing for how the next volume is going to pan out.

That being said, I love this series.

And thank you for the Chapter(s)

Dex-chan lover
There almost certainly is the clear paperwork.

But just like anywhere else, would you expect it? Would you search it? She's an up and coming actress, but she's not super famous, as has been said. No one has reason to thoroughly search it.

Especially not when Arihara, her CURRENT (not ex, as he hasn't signed the paperwork yet), has not said anything about it. No one has searched, and that's perfectly reasonable.

Aggregator gang
thank you for such great translation, and for the end notes about the sweets and cafes! I cannot wait for the next chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread