Itou-kun wa Koi wo Shiranai. - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Yuuen's Secret

Dex-chan lover
Nice but lowkey horrifying. So youkai can just stop your time and take away memories, then just return it and you suddenly aged 15 years. Damn.

Uhh I know its called cheating to take away the memories so you wouldn't have to deal with them.. But Yuuen herself said it was okay after knowing the truth, why would MC feels upset with that?

Group Leader
This is one of those chapters that I expect to have a lot of controversial comments. I'm intrigued by what people might think, but please keep this clean! For the burritos!

Fed-Kun's army
@Kagamimocchi It's probably because she couldn't make that decision at any point; she was a child and had opinions and preconceptions ingrained into her by her new father figure and her live never really was hers at any point. Granted, her parents were terrible people so it could not have gone any better for her, but at the same time Yuuen did not have any say in her own fate.

The whole situation is the best possible outcome it could have been given Yuuen's circumstances before her memory was taken away from her, but whoever Yuuen could have been could not be any more. It's true that kids can't possibly make their own decisions since they're still learning their own place in the world, but fifteen years is a lot of time and education to lose in isolation.

Fed-Kun's army
MC is torn about how Yuuen missed out on elementary, middle and high school. Developing the friendships and experiences there

Supporter
So I just looked up this series, supernatural romance is a big thumbs up from me.

A whole lot of feels going on there, trying to deal with all that and suddenly becoming 21 from 6...?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, cat dad could have handled that better. It might have been, that she felt better, but she would have overcome that trauma anyways. This way she might have had a happier (and longer) childhood, but he took away her chance to deal with it earlier. Also sealing her time was not cool. She really missed out those teenager years and school. Should have sealed her time, when she turned 21.

thank youuu for the new chapter!! I love this manga and their relationship sm its so sweet.

As for the sealing time for yuuen, could this happen for mc in the future? I think it wouldn't be so bad if she is sealed after she finishes school and everything, maybe even when she's in her 20s or 30s. This way they can be together in the future without having the heartbreak of Itou losing someone he cherishes (even more so now that he really likes her) again.

Dex-chan lover
Another aspect is since Yuuen grew up around other Yokai (who have a very basic if not completely warped understanding of human life) then she probably didn't learn a lot of the more nuanced aspects of human maturation. For instance, she went from a perpetual 6 year old to a matured 21 year old adult woman meaning she's going to start menstruating and I guarantee none of the yokai in the house are going to know what the fuck is going on with that.

Hopefully MC can help her with that and it seems Yuuen has a growing interest in human activites (like the interest she showed in the math textbook) so she may be able to adapt eventually but there are going to be lasting repercussions beyond just having her childhood memories sealed away. In kind of a weird way it might even be good that she gets to skip puberty since it's objectively a shitty time to be a human for all parties involved but even then learning what's changed about her new body is going to be a trial.

Double-page supporter
Already did my part and submitted a tip to https://www.fbi.gov/tips

Burritos don't deserve that

Dex-chan lover
Well, cat dad was a bit naive for sure. But there are no perfect answers in a situation like that. And you know, six year olds don't get to decide anyway--she wouldn't have gotten to decide anything if she was with her abandoner-parents, either. All in all, taking the memories away for a while so she can move forward might have been the best thing--I feel like that might actually be a good treatment for some traumatic stuff. But he should have had a plan to give them back.
The time thing was maybe not so great. If you're gonna give a human immortality, wait until they're in their 20s or something (and ask first, but I'd sure be up for it).

Such a good chapter until the last panel, then a death/misery flag out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread