It's Not Meguro-san's First Time - Vol. 1 Ch. 10.1 - That's What I've Never Learned

Dex-chan lover
Its amazing the different interpretations that arose from this chapter by various people, including myself, within the same chapter.

I, myself, thought that the tutor was at best 2 or 3 years older in high school. He didn't seem like an 'asshole', and didn't even seem to have any intentions on doing anything Meguro until she approached him forwardly. However, for him to immediately resort to having sex, all while being calm('suave' even), kinda shows he's decently experienced at this sort of thing. Still, it kinda seemed like he acted regretful that 'they may not always be together'. I usually see that kind of face when the person knows s/he's dying. Of course, he very well could just be a "lay with as many girls as possible" kind of asshole, but I'll reserve that judgement until we know a little about what he's doing, or more about what Meguro did with him(on a general basis).

Oh so here is where we know who's that bastard who taught Meguro about that naughty things. Oh he'as the worst man.

MD@Home
hmm, this was a nice reveal, very unexpected and actually turned what I thought happened to her 180, thought she was traumatized or somehow influenced by that first time and ended with the personality she has now! The tutor guy doesn't seem like a bad person though not good either, it's just another person that was going with the flow of things happening, the girl wanted to know more about her emotions she was experiencing then and the guy didn't do anything until she showed curiosity too! Idk, seems like we would need more plot to understand what kind of a person that tutor was... so far I'm just glad to know more about Meguro-san :) nice chapter

Fed-Kun's army
Meguro is the most real character i've ever seen. This series is SO fuking good! I can't put it into words but this series has such a different vibe from every other school life romance manga... and it's not only that characters actually kiss and have sex, it's a melancholic feeling that every chapter gives (and specially the FMC).

Dex-chan lover
I really didn't like this extra and the implications of it.

Dex-chan lover
oh so it was that guy huh?

9ah1g5dty6041.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I mean lets be honest here, the dude didn't really say anything wrong, in fact I would say it's pretty sound advice. She just...interpreted it poorly. He was talking about trying dating in general, making friends, etc. Not shacking up with dozens of people like a mindless sex robot. At least when I was a kid, agreeing to date someone or even the bit of time before that where you just get to know them didn't mean you immediately started fucking or having no mind of your own, it was a gradual process you went towards if you really felt a strong enough connection.

I don't know why tutor-san broke up with her, but it's a pretty big part of growing up that your childhood crushes don't last. We're often spoiled in manga in this way. I really just can't blame the guy as much as I want to because it seems to have messed her up a lot more than it should have.

Supporter
@sirflimflam
The problem was that they were together at the time, you don't date someone else while you are already in a relationship and you certainly don't tell your gf to go on dates with other guys (unless you have expressly discussed making it an open relationship). So what it meant to her was something like... "WE" don't matter, which to her meant "YOU" don't matter. Just give anything to any guy who asks. She clearly has other baggage but he definitely messed her up and I blame him for that.

The correct way to say it would be "if someone asks you out, give them a chance". Sirflimflam's interpretation of his "advice" is the correct statement and a wise statement (though naturally there are limits. If your creepy uncle asks you out on a date, please do say no.)

Dex-chan lover
@DatOneGuy Well we're getting hung up on the idea of dating in general. What he was saying right from the get go was "you don't really have to reject them, they're just trying to hang out with or eat with you and stuff" which implies not necessarily dating but being close and friendly. I mean from tutors perspective, they're all pretty young at this point so the idea of dating is a lot more innocent. It's like glorified friends between girls and boys. Maybe these boys want to specifically date her with lewd intentions but it doesn't have to start with dating. Rather than outright rejecting the person, she could say something like "lets get to know each other or be friends" or even "I'm going out with someone but we can be friends" it's still a rejection but if she's sincere about it, they might become actual friends and, thinking ahead as the tutor was, might become more once he nopes out of her life for whatever reason. Problem is of course he was a bit vague about it all, and she, being the way she is, probably needed a little more direction.

If you follow what he said rationally, it's pretty clear he was not trying to be scummy which was basically what I thought this chapter was going to demonstrate when I started reading it, but rather trying to give an introvert a means to make friends and get close to people instead of rejecting everyone and being totally alone. The problem was, being a strong introvert, she took his advice super literally and became the most accidental mega slut in modern history.

I mean the fact that the tutor even did her was probably where he went wrong in the first place. It set an expectation of normalcy for her a bit early in her life, so I won't say this dude is totally innocent. But he's not the team rocket villain I was expecting.

So it started like your usual "student" doujin but she misunderstood what he meant.

Users who are viewing this thread