It’s Time to Change the Genre - Ch. 99

Supporter
Whoah, that escalated quickly . . . .

I forgot the original novel was one where everything goes totally to shit and everyone dies horribly . . . It's been so full of cozy little political shenanigans and silly romantic comedy that the bloody background was obscured. Though Reudiger deciding it was simpler to just assassinate Franz did give me pause, it was off screen and didn't quite seem real . . .

Triple agent??? So much drama!
I suspect she's acting here, playing on her connection with Franz to protect Judith (and herself, of course) - I think Franz pretty thoroughly burnt through any potential loyalty Isabella might have had, and Judith probably seems like a much safer bet: she's royalty, she's engaged to Reudiger, she's the guardian of the heir to Winterwald - she has a lot of backing, while Franz is a relatively minor noble who's in lots of strife. Barring major upheaval Franz really isn't worth considering.

. . . of course, bombs going off inside the palace and an attempt at armed revolution probably counts as "major upheaval", so . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
What's this about his weakness being "he's a soldier"? Is that a mistranslation?

What's this about his weakness being "he's a soldier"? Is that a mistranslation?
Probably means that Rudiger wasn’t “man enough” to fight Franz head on, thus besmirching his honor as a soldier. Also means that if he can’t face Franz head on, it might be because he can’t prove anything. Knight would have translated better, except for the fact that he isn’t one lol.

Group Leader
😬😬😬😬
Wow. Was not expecting actual explosions after that slew of politics and string-pulling but it's very welcome.
Ty to the scans team for the chapter.

Supporter

I forgot the original novel was one where everything goes totally to shit and everyone dies horribly . . . It's been so full of cozy little political shenanigans and silly romantic comedy that the bloody background was obscured. Though Reudiger deciding it was simpler to just assassinate Franz did give me pause, it was off screen and didn't quite seem real . . .

I suspect she's acting here, playing on her connection with Franz to protect Judith (and herself, of course) - I think Franz pretty thoroughly burnt through any potential loyalty Isabella might have had, and Judith probably seems like a much safer bet: she's royalty, she's engaged to Reudiger, she's the guardian of the heir to Winterwald - she has a lot of backing, while Franz is a relatively minor noble who's in lots of strife. Barring major upheaval Franz really isn't worth considering.

. . . of course, bombs going off inside the palace and an attempt at armed revolution probably counts as "major upheaval", so . . . .
Huh? Spoilers? I was talking about the novel in the story, not the web novel! This was literally talking about the stuff that's happened in the last half a dozen chapters of the manhua!

Supporter
Pretty sure it's more that as a soldier he can be sent off to fight, which would get him out of the way of whatever machinations were happening in the capital, as well as put him in a situation where it'd be a lot easier to kill him off without it being suspicious. Also, possibly, as a soldier he'd have to follow orders from whoever his superior is, which could lead to him being forced to do things he wouldn't otherwise do, same as could happen with Judith being threatened/kidnapped/whatever. I'm not sure about that second one, though, given he's such a high ranking noble . . .
Probably means that Rudiger wasn’t “man enough” to fight Franz head on, thus besmirching his honor as a soldier. Also means that if he can’t face Franz head on, it might be because he can’t prove anything. Knight would have translated better, except for the fact that he isn’t one lol.
Is "knight" as a better translation based on reading the original Korean version? If the translation isn't quite capturing the original that might change my guess about the interpretation, but I'm not sure your suggestion makes much sense unless the translation is missing something . . . .

Double-page supporter
Chapters are going to be delayed for a week or 2...someone Screenshotted chapter 103 from GS site and posted it elsewhere.....they are delaying translating because of that....good work whoever is the Idiot that did that

Dex-chan lover

Yeah I’m 100% with you on this n

Fed-Kun's army
Nooooo... What a terrible time to binge this. Even after waiting more than a year

Users who are viewing this thread