Itsumo Baka ni shitekuru Bishoujo-tachi to Zetsuen shitara, Jitsu wa Ore no Koto ga Daisuki Datta you da. - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Confession and Friendship

Double-page supporter
Considering how pathetic and boring the MC was, some light bullying that he got made him change which is a good thing, I can hardly understand everyone blaming the chicka when it was clearly shown that they were barely being mean to him, if someone can break under so little pressure there's 0 chance they can do well in life.

At least with this MC has a chance of being a normal human being who can read the room and not expect the worst in people close to him.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly the girl explained her case pretty well and earnestly apologized atleast. She genuinely thought about what she was doing but didn’t realize how much she was hurting mc since he didn’t properly explain either. Them coming to an understanding with each other seems pretty reasonable to me.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, massive L of a development.
MC should have told he to bugger off, at least for a bit.

Group Leader
You know what? I'm fine with this! He was able to tell how much her words hurt him, she understood it fully well and is making an honest effort to change.

I do believe it was a bit rushed, but this is much better than the usual "I did it because I like you, so all is forgiven" flow this type of confrontation usually has.

I wish he had taken a bit more time to forgive her, but it does make sense given his personality.

Double-page supporter
Hmm for someone who was so torn up by all that abuse, he let it go pretty easily. I suppose ghandi would be proud that he is so forgiving. Honestly the little “epiphany” that she is like him in a way seems like such a flimsy reason to forgive and forget. What happened to the broiling conviction of moving foward and sticking it to the ones who hurt you and such? Eh in short womp womp
He never said anything about 'sticking it' to any of them; he intended to cut off all relations.

I think what changed his mind about Kurosaki (I hope I got the name correct) was her sincere apology.

Double-page supporter
I get why people aren't the happiest with this development, but I kinda like it. It's an interesting development from started appearing as a one-note revenge story. Rather than revenge, it's a story about how people's insecurities can come out horribly and hurt those people you care about.

For the ex-girlfriend, she's insecure about how much he likes her, because the guy's kindness appears to be putting others above her. In turn she tries to stoke his jealousy to get him to declare his love for her and to fight for her, proof that he truly cares for her above others. It backfires.

For the kohai, she's insecure about the things she likes and preemptively disparages them so she won't be brought down herself. She found solace with the protag and was able to speak to how she really felt. But as she hears about his heartbreak and the fear of being rejected for what she likes, him, she falls on her old coping mechanism and talks down on what she likes, him. It backfires.

And while I'm not sure about his Oshi, I feel like it's going to be about how she had no self confidence and didn't know how to express herself, and he helped her open up with his kindness. Maybe helping her with the dom, bullying type character that speaks her mind. But she still the shy person inside, so the only way she can express herself is through said bully personality by giving him a "higher" pedestal of a slave, rather than everybody else being a pig. She tries to give him special treatment by showering him with extra attention and "loving" insults, the only way she can express herself. It backfires.

This could very easily become a revenge fantasy book. He was nice. They were mean. He's mean back. Could be very satisfying for people who feel like they're nice and that's all. But I feel like the story already recognizes that not everything is coded with malice and not everything needs to be a done deal. People are allowed to make mistakes, and have a chance to make up for them. He doesn't need to forgive them right away, but if they sincerely show regret, maybe don't let them all the way in yet but be clear about how you feel and give them a chance.

All this to say, I like this manga and appreciate, at least slightly nuanced characters. Overly long comment over lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread