Itsuwari no Marigold - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
Its kinda unexpectedly expected that she knows... Thinking about it, yeah it doesnt matter how much she tries to "act" like him, she still has her own constitution, she didnt do anything to make her physique be more on par with her brothers and a blind person would probably be able to figure it out sooner if said constitution is night and day, even her voice cant be changed to resemble that of her brother's without any surgery... So it was either she was dum dum or she was pretending... And she was pretending to not know...

Dex-chan lover
What a bad time to hold back a chapter... :worry:

I tried to ignore this chapter and read them together with the next one...

But the twist ..

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the TL!

what if it ends with hana leaving and lily going through with the marriage. then lily having a little girl and naming her hana because despite it all she can never forget. what if i cry

Dex-chan lover
The sister is shitty, yeah, but she's also a victim in all of this. She has no right to let out her frustration on others, but also, I understand how much it must utterly suck to have no right about any aspects of your life, and to be treated more like some kind of object or trophy or something then as the person you are. When you try your hardest to get any affection from your family, and they thank you for it by trying to auction you off like some kind of lifestock.
It's not much of a justification, but in the end, she just did what her father taught her: venting out her frustrations by hurting someone she perceived to be below her.
And also, notably, we know that she played mean pranks on Lily before, but even Nekomori, who is by Lily's side at most times, has never seen her do anything of this level.
Once again, Lily deserves none of this, but I think it's weird anyway to bear this kind of animosity towards Suzu, who just told her dad - who she really just wants to appreciate her for once - that she was upset after a guy tried to rape her, and all he had to say in reply to that was "Well, you should have let him!".

Dex-chan lover
In other news, I just reread this series with the knowledge of what Lily revealed this chapter, and it's funny how much sense everything makes now.
The giant exposition bomb she dropped on "Kaoru" the day they met? She already had a suspicion that it may not be him, so she gave "him" all the necessary information about their relationship, so that, should this person in front of her agree to play the part, they would know what to do.
All the times she bombarded "Kaoru" with questions about "his" habits, interests, etc.? Just wanting to make sure she got to know the person in front of her, because she didn't want to get in a situation where she would accidentally force "him" to reveal their actual identity by acting on the things she remembered from the old Kaoru.
And all the times trying to keep "Kaoru" from asking her questions about herself? She just wanted to keep believing in her own little narrative as much as possible, and every time "he"'d ask her something about herself she already told the old Kaoru before, the more cracks there would be in that narrative.

Also, there is some dramatic irony to the fact that the thing Hana did with the intention of ridding Lily of any suspicion that she may not be Kaoru was the very thing that gave her away.
Once this series is over, I can only recommend anyone to read it again from the start.

Dex-chan lover
so now we gotta go through the whole arranged marriage arc and then they'll fall in love somehow?? i can't really tell how this is supposed to go but the monthly wait is killing me haha

In other news, I just reread this series with the knowledge of what Lily revealed this chapter, and it's funny how much sense everything makes now.

love it when the storyboard has been planned well and we get easter eggs like these when we reread. makes more sense since she was doing a lot more expositioning than i expected

Dex-chan lover
No, not the sister, the father. Though the sister does need to have some things in her head reset.
it'd be a worse punishment for her to be stuck in some loveless marriage and forced to bear multiple 'heirs' or whatever, which is prolly the reason she'd be married off in the first place versus "she also has a disability so we're pawning her off to someone who'd look after her" versus lily getting an arranged marriage

Users who are viewing this thread