Itte Hoshikatta dake no Onee-san

Dex-chan lover
Misunderstandings and somewhat depressing narrative....Oh, Japan.
Can't say I enjoyed reading this one.

Double-page supporter
OL, smoker, a T H I C C one and mostly a Tsundere?! sign me in coach!

This is a type of manga that can make your heart hurt just a little bit, even only after these few chapters. It’s great to see! Let’s just hope those cigarettes don’t come into play with the story, if you know what I mean. That would turn this heart grab into a real gut punch.

the first thing that popped into my head after reading a few chapters of this was imagining the mc at home stressing out about everything as that gif of sylvester smoking and being a general mess
7XtEFOy.gif

Group Leader
@saty MAL doesn't do unpublished webcomics. If this were to get a physical release like Tonari no Kinniku Joshi or Tomo-chan is a Girl then it might get added.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=141104

So many people complaining about how gross smoking is, but I bet half of them vape.
I don't like either but the hypocrisy of vapers is always annoying.
Very few people complained about smoking prior to vape becoming the "cool" thing to do, then when another fad comes along they'll jump on how great that is.

vapehole-habits.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I enjoy the art and the female character design.

I had a co-worker once tell me "If she smokes, she swallows" ... I don't know if that's necessarily true, but I wish I had found out before I married a non-smoker.

Anywho... Female Protagonist for the win.

Contributor
The "this might be how being tsundere would actually play out" is on the one hand good dramedy...

...but the fact that the guy is in fact reacting (...more or less...) appropriately whenever he backs off is conversely reminding me how much the whole "tsundere" thing is itself mired in super-harmful "No Means Yes" mythology.

(The story itself is full of people's toxic ideas, though I'm not sure which of them are knowingly a shit-show, vs. the author actually thinking like that.)

Users who are viewing this thread