Itte Hoshikatta dake no Onee-san

Contributor
@Kujo_Dolphiro:

A nuanced argument can be made that one should always bear the real-world implications in mind.

A nuanced argument can also be made that sometimes it's okay to just forget about all that and enjoy things.

And reasonable people can differ on where to draw the line. Obviously, you disagree with where I stand, but your staw-man version of my statements is, frankly, rather silly.

@Pokari A person with two brain cells to rub together can tell the difference between manga and real life and know that "tsunderes" don't exist. I'd say I'd have confidence in humanity in that point, but when people like you exist, I'm seriously starting to doubt that.

Contributor
@Kujo_Dolphiro:

I don't mean to be rude, but you appear to be having this conversation with some other version of me, that exists only in your head. In both of your responses, now. It is, frankly, rather frustrating to converse with someone who is making up my half of the argument to their convenience.

If you'd actually understood what I was saying in the first place (which I am giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming was not a malicious misunderstanding on your part):

the whole "tsundere" thing is itself mired in super-harmful "No Means Yes" mythology.

—you might realize that I am in fact besmirching the idea of tsunderes, for it's role in the mythology of romance and sex. Like, that's literally what I said. Not for being some weird mental health issue or whatever it is you're apparently thinking I said...?

Perhaps you have pre-supposed that "real-world implications" don't exist unless an element of fiction portrays life exactly as it is—and so assumed that I must mean that the work is realist fiction, for it to have any import on the matter! That would be quite a leap on your part, but it's the only way I can make sense of how you might have arrived at this latest opinion you have mysteriously attributed to me.

Anyway. I think I am done talking to you on this matter? A certain amount of misunderstanding of each other's positions is normal in any argument, but this seems rather extreme.

@Pokari I agree with you that the "No means yes" thing is mythology, and that nobody with sound mind would attempt such a thing. I've read carefully through your comment several times, and I do believe there was a misunderstanding. But your attempts at lording over me have left me irritated. Good luck talking to somebody else on another issue.

Contributor
@Kujo_Dolphiro:

I may have been slightly irritated after you started insulting my intelligence based on things I hadn't said. It has been a long quarantine. I'm glad that we could clear up the misunderstanding, and let's leave it at that.

@Pokari I didn't mean to insult you, I was insulting the people who think no means yes. Sorry about that. Glad we cleared things up. I can't wait until there's a vaccine, everything just sucks right now.

Lmao at the three comments below me, what a wide range of reactions ahahaha

@Rune I think me and Roiisu have the feeling that this manga is great. OhWell21 on the other hand... to each their own, i guess

Users who are viewing this thread