J-Novel Club...

Solution
As mentioned in the group's description in the part you linked, this official publsher's group in MD is an initiative of us. The chapters link to actual chapters you can read on their site, just like any other publisher on our platform. If you do not wish to see them on your feed, you can block the group.
Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer
As mentioned in the group's description in the part you linked, this official publsher's group in MD is an initiative of us. The chapters link to actual chapters you can read on their site, just like any other publisher on our platform. If you do not wish to see them on your feed, you can block the group.

Last edited:
Solution
Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer
Alright will block them. There are a lot other users not happy about this official group https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/j-novel-club.1431439/
They seem to be unhappy with the way this publisher profits. This is outside the scope of our responsibility, as we are impartial to their business model. If people themselves are in disagreement on whether their practice is sound or not, how can we be in a place to decide whether to display them on our site or not based on it?

Fed-Kun's army
They seem to be unhappy with the way this publisher profits. This is outside the scope of our responsibility, as we are impartial to their business model. If people themselves are in disagreement on whether their practice is sound or not, how can we be in a place to decide whether to display them on our site or not based on it?
If the community doesn't like how an uploader does business or the quality of the upload it is up to you as the site staff to either prevent them from uploading or otherwise appease the community not hide behind platitudes and ignore it.

Dex-chan lover
it is up to you as the site staff to either prevent them from uploading
I have to say that, even as one of the ones vehemently against JNC I think the mangadex team are doing the right thing. JNC has a legal control over their series and there's not really anything MD can do about that beyond informing their users that JNC has the license and showing them the links, especially since JNC could issue takedowns to scanlators and then MD users may be unable to find the series they like to read.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
If the community doesn't like how an uploader does business or the quality of the upload it is up to you as the site staff to either prevent them from uploading or otherwise appease the community not hide behind platitudes and ignore it.
We're not quality police, and we don't apply either of those concepts to scanlators either, let alone an official publisher. JNC are official English licensors and you can read the linked chapters for free - there is no downside to users to providing these links.

I think what is at issue here is these people have claimed ownership of the artist's. They have chosen to take over their titles on managadex . I have 3 follows they are asserting ownership of . We , the readers are a hundred chapters in or something. Presumably we can purchase paid subscriptions which mangadex is giving them advertising space for free. Everyone is trying to monetize their activity. I would like to know how much they paid for the rights, but otherwise we really don't have a leg to stand on. Managadex can't stop them unless they are lying.

Contributor
I think what is at issue here is these people have claimed ownership of the artist's.
What?
They have chosen to take over their titles on managadex . I have 3 follows they are asserting ownership of .
What? No group or individual "owns" titles on MD. Unless you are talking about how they legally licensed the work from the original publisher.
Presumably we can purchase paid subscriptions which mangadex is giving them advertising space for free. Everyone is trying to monetize their activity.
That would kind of be the ultimate goal. The whole point of mangadex adding links to freely available chapters from official publishers is to advertise ways to support publishers and ultimately the artists and authors of the works
I would like to know how much they paid for the rights, but otherwise we really don't have a leg to stand on.
Licensing fees from Japanese publishers vary wildly and you will likely never be able to find out the exact amount. Though the safe assumption would be "More popular more expensive to license".
Managadex can't stop them unless they are lying.
What? Stop what? Lying about what?

Users who are viewing this thread