Jagaaaaaan - Vol. 11 Ch. 119 - Contact

Dex-chan lover
To vaguely quote a movie; "SHOOT HER(him)! SHOOT HEEEEER (him)!" Just one step from removing the worst character. Just a single shot from fixing one of the biggest problems with the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, so maybe he really will be able to mimick powers too since he could revert to Airi? It seems like the author wants to make this guy into anti-Nomen.
And that "multipipe" gun was cool as fuck.
Shame about the dino squad, it was interesting idea. I would love to see what powers they could have beyond super strength, strong jaws or thick skin. Or flying in the case of pterodactyl guy.

Dex-chan lover
Man I can't get over the fact that Jagaaan's gun-thingies are phallus shaped lol

Dex-chan lover
@BananowyJE: I’m not so sure that they’re antithetical to Nomen, since it seems like their personal obsessions are synchronizing. Both of them wanted to leave their former selves behind. The difference between them is that Yadori wanted to live the life of someone else happier than him while Nomen wanted to escape the concept of the self entirely.

And then Nomen went off-track from his obsession and has settled into his identity of Nomen, according to Chiharu. On the other hand, we have Yadori here feeling like the happiness he feels from becoming someone else is hollow when he can’t even care for himself. There’s kinda a cyclical relationship here with them not being happy with who they were and finding happiness in their new “identities”, except Yadori is kinda cycling back into Nomen’s original disposition, at least from what I can read into this chapter.

Also, I don’t think he can mimic powers. There was a frog left out at the end of the last chapter, which I assume was what transformed that guy he just ate. It seems like Yadori are everything about them except for the frog, meaning no powers.

damn, almost expected Yadori to start jacking off and shoot sulphuric acid but i just remembered that he took out the froglet

Dex-chan lover
@KeiosKod
Yeah, I meant it like:
Nomen - Octoguy
wants to become no one - is "no one" and wants to become someone
gives others new powers (and bodies with that) - steals others bodies (+ memories and abilities, like makeup ability)
wants to lose identity - wants to find new identity
And now they both "lost" their original goals with Nomen going full Mr. President Nomen (thus attaining identity) and Octoguy going "huh, maybe the only one who could make me happy was my original self/identity all along"
For me, they are so much on the opposite scale of "spectrum" that they circle back to being similar. Like they are the 2 sine waves that have opposite values. They are opposites, but they constantly have common points where they meet before going opposite way again.

Ok, so the bodies are more like pokemon he can switch into rather than once and done.

On a bad note a hopeless desperate guy like Yadori here is gonna be prime meat for Chiharu to dig into.

Dex-chan lover
@BananowyJE
I don’t think Yadori is quite at the point of thinking only his original self can make him happy, since his epiphany in this chapter is more that the happiness he has had up to now is hollow when he doesn’t even care for himself. But yeah, I feel like there’s a dichotomy being built up between Yadori and Nomen. It feels like a repeat of what happened before with Rapeman and the Iron Giant will happen, with Yadori proving crucial somehow to beating Nomen, but more thematically appropriate due to how similar they seem.

jabaited, might as well get some rando yelling "I'm Jagan"

@KeiosKod it'll be interesting to see how he grows as a character. Will he accept a new identity as the girl or continue getting bogged down as the miserable man Yadori?

Wait a second, what happened to that subplot about half-fractured humans having to consume dung balls otherwise they'd go full berserk crazy?
Yadori hasn't done any of that so far and he seems to be doing fine.
What gives?

Users who are viewing this thread