Jashin-chan Dropkick - Vol. 5 Ch. 52 - Welcome to the Life Theater

Dex-chan lover
It's the kind of running gag manga i didn't get. How it's still funny after 52 chapters to have the same gag repeat over and over ? If it was a 4koma at least i kinda can get over it but here no. There no developpement at all.

Double-page supporter
This is the kind of gag manga which keep on going by remaining its status quo, so asking for any kind of development is out of the question. Parts of the fun lie in how things keep on repeating, so i doubt there would be any kind of reinventive in the story telling either...
This is the kind of brainless predictable manga in which you can skip a few chapters and still find no trouble keeping up with the plot (since there's no plot at all), so let's take it for what it is and not asking for anything further than that.

VIP
she is going to really dead..

@retrocombine @Lilliwyt

it's not supposed to read them all in one sit. it's something you read as pass time, weekly or monthly. what important in gag manga is not overreaching plot story, but how entertaining each chapter on it's own... if you expecting something different, then you read wrong series to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
@kuma Yeah but i start to read a manga, i read whole to not be late. But even without that,i stil find it repetitive, it's the same gag over and over : Jashin does something stupid and Yurine physically hurt her. There nothing more, even if i read bit by bit, i will found it boring after like 20 chapter.

I will keep reading because i'm stupid and curious to know if something will change.

VIP
@Lilliwyt that's exactly what episodic slapstick comedy supposed to do. expecting something different is already against the nature of it. maybe you will have slightly some background plot going on (like saiki kusou) for example, but what people look for is that premise. if you want somethimg resembles of plot, they wouldn't read this to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt

Watching something over and over and expecting it to change is what's known as insanity. This is essentially the Tom And Jerry of manga in which nothing changes and it's the same thing each episode/ chapter. If you're expecting something different then just drop the manga honestly.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah but it seem we reach a point where whatever Jashin does is a reason for Yurine to be angry, even if it's not Jashin's fault. I'm delusional for wanting Jashin to have the upperhand on someone for once ?

Double-page supporter
I can't stop laughing. We all want to believe in Jashin but we know she's an asshole. lmao. oh my god.

The two posters in the first panel reference two of Yukiwo's other works, namely Musashino-sen no Shimai (武蔵野線の姉妹) on the left and Marika-chan Otsu (まりかちゃん乙) on the right.

Double-page supporter
@Lilliwyt “Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again, expecting... shit to change. That... is crazy, but the first time somebody told me that... I dunno, I thought they were bullshitting me, so boom — I shot him. The thing is, okay... he was right. And then I started seeing: everywhere I looked, everywhere I looked, all these fucking pricks, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same fucking thing... over and over and over and over again thinking: "This time, it's gonna be different; no, no, no, no, no, please... this time it's gonna be different." I am sorry, I don't like the way you are looking at me... okay, do you have a fucking problem in your head? Do you think I am bullshitting you? Do you think I am lying? Fuck you! Okay? FUCK YOU! It's okay, man. I'm gonna chill, hermano. I'm gonna chill... the thing is... alright, the thing is: I killed you once already... and it's not like I am fucking crazy. It's okay... it's like water under the bridge.
Did I ever tell you the definition... of insanity?”

Could not resist the Vaas.

Users who are viewing this thread