Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun - Vol. 14 Ch. 69 - Aoi & Akane

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that was a lot more amazing than I was expecting.

Edit: for the record, I'm not really sure how I like the "Me hating you? That's impossible" translation on page 24. It does definitely capture the spirit of what he's saying but he's literally saying "嫌いっていうは嘘"/"That bit about hating you wasn't true" which flows better into the "I'm sorry" (for lying like that) he delivers immediately after. When I read it the first time in English I was a little thrown back by the sequence of events that I went to Japanese to read the chapter. Directly calling attention to the lie sounds a bit more true to flow and earnest after a pretty heavy conversation, but I guess that's personal taste. Well I'm not really a translation nazi, just thought I'd share what I thought.

Clearly the reason why Teru interrupted was because he likes Akane, lol 🙄 He doesn't want his crush to kiss another after all 😉 Sadly, Akane is already taken.

Still...

F.U. TERU!!

Fed-Kun's army
@thoughtsmachine same here! I understand Akane lashing out and saying he hates Aoi too because they're both super upset. But choking her?? That's a little.... hm. Some of the nuances may have been lost in translation so the situation might have resolved better than how we understand it, but the choking is still..... not cool.

Edit: Aoi did also stab him, so everything is extreme, but ahhh. Even if they're even now, Akane's obsession that causing all the guys who get close to her to be beat up is still not cool. I hope their relationship can become healthier from now on.

@Spinebunnies Yeah, that's the same way I read it! I appreciated the development on their relationship, but the entire way Akane touching (the choking, but also the affectionate bits) Aoi was framed made me very uncomfortable in a way that was becoming not fun. I assume this scene is meant to be very intense in that way -- like intense, sorta fucked up relationships are kind of the author's brand as far as I can tell -- so I'm having a hard time untangling my feelings on it.

Double-page supporter
oh hey. looks like we finally get to see the elder minamoto in action. gotta say I did not expect him to appear

Dex-chan lover
I get the hating the choking part but the rest of saying how unhealthy their relationship is? This is about a manga of an over 60-year-old ghost crushing on a high schooler. I very much like the manga but none of the relationships/pairings are healthy if you think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread