Jii-san To Baa-san Wakagaeru - Vol. 1 Ch. 23 - Baggage Carrying

Dex-chan lover
@jonsmth
Do you have some notion that couples married for decades would have zero shame and restraint with each other?
How did you come up with this?
The whole point was that they act like bashful stupid teenagers. That's just not believable. The anecdotal "evidence" that you cite is the exception, not the rule.

Dex-chan lover
Baa-sama be all
A5.png

Dex-chan lover
@criver
How did you come up with this?
I took a shot at one of the things younger people would think what a married couple is like, and I think I got it right.
You seem to think that they would be the opposite of "bashful teenagers".

The anecdotal "evidence" that you cite is the exception, not the rule.
Most of the middle-aged couples I've seen so far in my life are rather reserved. Maybe it's a generational thing? Or is it cultural too? The example I've linked was obviously an extreme for emphasis. It's not meant to be "evidence". What do you base your belief on? Maybe you actually have some study/statistics for it? Or are we on the same boat of anecdotes, assumptions, and ideals?

I tried looking for related literature, and I realize yet again that I'm not good at finding them. Maybe you could do better? You did make the statement about adults after all.

Dex-chan lover
@jonsmth
Or is it cultural too?
I live in Europe, and I know my fair share of old couples, none of them act like bashful teenagers. This is not something uncommon either, as evidenced by the "common sense" over here and the usual representation of how old couples act in the media, and the social expectations.

Maybe you actually have some study/statistics for it?
No one will waste their time making a scientific paper on something as commonly accepted. People that have lived enough have long gone past the bashful teenager phase - they realize at some point that the other person is also a human like themselves.

Dex-chan lover
@manolito62 I guess they are very conservative then because know whore houses have existed in Japan legal or not someone is using enough to open a business. Masturbation was or is probably not looked down on or totally ignored like it was in the European and countries with oppressive religious countries, like the abrahamic ones

Dex-chan lover
Is every single chapter gonna start with showing them struggle as old people and then not struggling now
We get it

Double-page supporter
Instantly I was reminded of a certain scene from Shikimori-san.

Dex-chan lover
gramps thinking he can rizz granny but instead got uno reversed lmao

Users who are viewing this thread