Jii-san To Baa-san Wakagaeru - Vol. 2 Ch. 40 - Grandma's Memories

Dex-chan lover
Try Tonikaku Kawaii. Two eps out for now. Or you can check manga first, it's over 100ch already

That is a rare glimpse of Imperial Japan era in a manga. I don't know about you but I don't see those that often considering Japan's modern policy regarding history in media.

I don't know if that's really accurate tho. (Clothing and an All-girls school in that era's Tokyo) And I only assumed it because she mentioned "war" immediately followed by "dissolution". I could be totally wrong lol.

Dex-chan lover
@PrinzEugenIsWaifu If you're down with reverse harems, hit up this, just know that it's pretty comedy-dense.

If a bunch of perverted JKs is your thing, there's this.

And if you want a mecha harem, can't go wrong with this.

@Faradise Any time they mention "the war", they mean WW2. So it'd be the very tail end and she was sent back to the country side when the Allies began their conventional bombing campaigns prior to what was initially planned to be an invasion.

Group Leader
I too remember when the Zaibatsu was disbanded 2 years ago, it still hurts to this day.

Dex-chan lover
Tonikaku Kawaii is airing right now, it's fluffier romance but may do the trick!

@AnimeJ so I was correct about which "war" and era, thank goodness. What I knew about pre-1945 Japan is mostly the normal citizen life, which are not fancy at all from what I've seen. Even the term "Zaibatsu", I only heard just today.

This is definitely a fresh experience for me. Makes me really appreciate this manga's premise even more.

Group Leader
@AnacondaHL @VINT64 I love Tonikaku Cawaii! I've been reading the manga ever since it was at like chapter 15 all the way til now! Anime is pretty sugoi too, though I kinda expected more :(

@AnimeJ I've naturally seen IS, but the other two I might take a look at, especially the second based on your description of it XD. Thanks for the recos!

@Vital_Blinks BokuBen is naturally amongst those I've already seen, but I can't believe I've never heard of Oreshura before. Will definitely give it a look HAHAHA

@Sunny-iwnl I hope the above somewhat answers your questions UwU

Dex-chan lover
Oresuki>Oregairu don't@me. Oregairu is r/im14andthisisdeep, teenage talking like Shakespeare going round and round. Overrated!

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus
Absolutely correct take. Oregairu is a wish-fulfilment for teenagers and young adults who thinks that they're smarter than everyone and that they're too "mature/woke" for their peers, and those are the reasons why they don't have friends and girlfriend, totally not because they're insufferable cunts.

@DrPavel so she's a member of a prominent clan huh. Reminds me of Yasuda group (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuda_zaibatsu).

Following Japan's defeat in August 1945, Hajime Yasuda and Yasuda executives assumed a leadership role in planning for the dissolution of their own group. The "Yasuda plan" was submitted in October 1945 and stipulated that the Yasuda zaibatsu would be dissolved and that Yasuda Bank would cease to control Yasuda subsidiaries. In addition, family members and executives appointed by them would resign from all Yasuda companies. The Yasuda Plan, with some revisions, was accepted by the U.S. government in November of that year.[6]

But I don't know that those families would severely fell into poverty after being stripped from power like Grandma's family did.

@prinzeugeniswaifu I guess I'll give you a general list of romcoms and other romance series:

Toradora

Golden Time

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Tsuki ga Kirei

Yagate Kimi ni Naru

ReLife

Aoi Hana

Yesterday wo Utatte

Kokoro Connect

Masamune-kun no Revenge

Kono Bijutsubu wa Mondai ga Aru

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii

Ano Natsu de Matteru

Chuunibyou

Oregairu

Go-Toubun no Hanayome

Midara na Ao-Chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai

Baka to Test

Nisekoi

NouCome

Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai

Tamako Love Story (sequel movie to Tamako Market)

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai

Irozuku Sekai no Ashita Kara

Nagi no Asu Kara

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Mayo Chiki

Kaguya-sama

Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai

Users who are viewing this thread