Jii-san to Baa-san Wakagaeru - Vol. 2 Ch. 41 - Shiori And Social Media

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Grandma X Grandaugher?

Dex-chan lover
Granny is always your best friend. (Except when she threatens to curse you with pickled insects or the like.)

"If I have baa-chan"

Well, someday you won't have her, and not just her. One day, your parents will die, and your brothers or sisters will have their own family to worry about. Your friends may also betray you and stab you in the back. Your lovers, at some point they will leave you, either to die or to cheat on you and divorce you. Your kids will also leave you when they grow up, and same with your siblings, they'll have their own families to worry about, more than they worry about you.
Face it, each and every one of us is alone. We have no one else to rely on except our own selves and God (if you believe in God). So, you'll have to stand on your own feet, whether you want it or not, because at one point, no one will be there for you, and help will never arrive, at least not when you need it the most.

You are your own responsibility, not anyone else's.

Dex-chan lover
Don't use social media kids.

It's like a worse version of interacting with people in real life.

Ever since social media became more easily accessible, the uglier parts of the internet became far more widespread and easier to see. Sometimes it's important to take a step back and appreciate the people you CAN interact with on a regular basis that doesn't need to be done via a keyboard or touch screen.

@Mintee
I dunno. Maybe because she reminded me of myself. I hate reality, as much as or maybe even more than her hatred towards it. But at the same time, I know that I can't escape from it. That's why, even when I'm reading this manga, or any manga, I always remind myself about it, so that I won't try so hard at escaping reality, to the point of breaking down in despair.

Mood.

But I also avoid talking to people online. All my posts anywhere are one-sided Ding Dong Post Dashes.
The motto of the day is Lurk More, and then Lurk Even Moar

Dex-chan lover
PDo7crU.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
tfw no tsun granddaughter with a walled heart that you slowly heal through letting her escape to your country farm.

Dex-chan lover
using the net to escape reality is super counterproductive though, you end up seeing more dark seedy bullshit than anyone would be fine with normally.

Double-page supporter
realized how shitty socializing online made me feel and how much I took irl socializing for granted during the quarantine, I don't think I'm really cut out for making online friends

Dex-chan lover
@DeadKinginHell It's been my experience that if you pick your friends well they will not, in fact, betray you. But as to the rest of the impermanence . . . yeah, that sucks. But it sucks precisely because you are losing precious people, precious relationships. If it's a loss when you lose them, that's because they're good while they're there. Rather than spending your whole time bellyaching that they might end, ya gotta cherish what you got while you got it and make the good times while you can.
Mourning loss might make you sad, but it's never making anything worth mourning, lest you lose it, that will make you hopeless.

Users who are viewing this thread