Jii-san to Baa-san Wakagaeru - Vol. 2 Ch. 41 - Shiori And Social Media

Dex-chan lover
I fluctuate between "Hell is other people" and "variety is the spice of life." Regarding the latter, eating alone at a restaurant bar and maybe talking to the bartender or chef (if you're lucky enough that they put you at the chef's counter) and fellow patrons seated nearby is often a good time, and if it's not at least you probably never have to see them again. The closest way to describe it is probably the concept of 一期一会/ichi-go ichi-e. Some parts of society still frown upon dining alone, but I feel like it gives me time away from work (where the former saying is definitely true) and allows me to drop the façade we keep up in front of others we know.

Group Leader
huh, It [the internet] is basically a mirror to the human psyche. For better or worse, you can see the unadulterated thoughts of people. that's an unexpected but pretty accurate statement.

Aggregator gang
I'm socially inept too. But staying away from social media to interact with people in real life once in a while (even if it's filled with silence and awkwardness) certainly feels refreshing.
As a matter of fact, just greeting someone makes me feel accomplished and happy already. After all, I can't even maintain eye contact with people I'm not close to.

Dex-chan lover
@PolarMeow My tip for that is just pretend you're keeping an eye contact by either looking at their general direction (if far away) or their eyebrows (if close)

It's not perfect, but it works pretty well for me

Dex-chan lover
Grandma's not wrong. The Net is a nasty place to be, but also profitable, nourishing, and entertaining.

But she's lucky that she has a rejuvenated grandmother. 2nd chances are hard to come by as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread