Jiisama ga Iku - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Old man travelling

Dex-chan lover
@Cableman It's the same isekai bs all over again (OP MC, no character development apart from MC's satellites, villains are all badly written one-note cliche tropes, etc.)

If the MC was 40-50 years younger this would be rated a lot lower, but people seem to love the geezer-takes-a-stroll-and-fucks-shit-up development. No shaming though, I like that shit too 😅

I don't get it. so the master or whatever he is just give in like that because a bitter tea-threat + scary forest-threat? also how can the elf know his home is far away?

I really don't get this manga. I like the first chapter, but yeah the pacing is like sonic

Is it the original conversation that doesn’t make sense or is it the translation that is a bit off?

Aggregator gang
@moth the translation for the previous upload made even less sense so im guessing this is as good as it gets

Aggregator gang
what did i just read?
some kind of hentai plot that instantly go into sex scene ?

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter!

2 chapters feel like reading 5-6 chapters. Surprising how fast the pacing is.

Dex-chan lover
@Lainrad
Oh, I thought that it was intentional. Because you spelt it properly at other times and the Bandit leader's questioning of, "Jeezer?" made me think it was some derogatory form or the bandit speaking was incapacitated enough to mispronounce it.

There's no harm, but thanks for the answer.

@Porg
The pace is just a bit weird - the narration is skipping parts and then trying to explain it in a roundabout way.
The guild master gave in because he didn't actually want to be a part of dirty schemes in the first place (he's sweating all over the place) and because the tone and the face of the gramps when he was saying that thing about the forest(the remark he made about a scary geezer on his way out).
And the elf got a clue because he said he was from far away and he was too weird and OP. And, I suppose reincarnees are not that rare, as I surmise from the next page.
@Moth
Here's the literal translation by line(without quirks of speech or anything) there is a part that I didn't get at first, I will mark it in bold, but the rest is the same as in the scanlation:
わかってるとおもうが証拠がない以上あいつらは無罪だ
(I think you understand that without proof they are inoccent)
そんあのって。。。
(are you for real...)
むしろアンタらがいきなりつかかってきたときいているぞ
(Rather I heard it were you who suddenly jumped on them)
記録(レコード)は証拠にならんのかの?
(Can the record not be used as a proof?)
アレが捏造じゃないという証明は出来ないだろ
(I bet you can't prove it hasn't been faked)
真贋(オーゼン)使えるのが今いないからな
(We could use orzen(written as authenticity with furigana オーゼン) but we don't have one now)
証明のう
(Proof, huh)
落ち着きすぎだろジイさん
(Aren't you too calm, old man)
差し上げます!
(I give it to you!)
少しは気分が落ち着いたかの
(Your temper has calmed down, hasn't it)
まあいい素直に罪を認めれば
(Oh well, if you obediently confess your sins)
軽いペナルティで済むようにしてやる
(I will let it end with a slight punishment)
俺だってあいつらがやってたか察しはついてる
(Even I can get a clue of what they did)
ふむそうなんか?
(Uhum, is that so?)
いつものやり口だ
(The usual way to do it)
自分たちでけしかけて助けて恩を売る
(They instigate it, help, demand payment)
それで報奨金ランクポイントが手に入る
(And get their hands on money and rank points)
けしからん話じゃの
(Such an outrageous story)
そんな事はわかってるさ
(Yes, I get that too)
次に会う相手もワシらみたいに優しいとは限らんぞ
(Their next opponent may not be as kind as we are)
そうなると次も生きて森から戻ってこれるとは限らんのう森はこわいからのう
(In that case they might not come back from the forest alive. Forest is scary, you see)
わかった。。。ぎるど内で最大限の処罰を与える
(I get it... I will administer the worst possible in-guild punishment)
それでワシらは?
(And what about us?)
あいつらに告発を取り消させる
(I will withdraw their complaint)

Aggregator gang
he might be an old man, but I get the feeling that, as a corrupt noble going against a reincarnator with ultra tier magics, your meeting with the lord of the dead is scheduled before than the MC's revisit

Double-page supporter
Jeezer is not a word. Please stop using it. You even correctly translated it as "geezer" only once.

Dex-chan lover
hmmm I think I've read this one chapter before already...

Double-page supporter
Now I'm disappointed those bandits weren't just eccentric adventurer's passing by

This is difficult to follow. It's like I'm missing several sentences in the conversations happening.

Users who are viewing this thread