Jiken Jaken! - Vol. 5 Ch. 62 - Collection!

Group Leader
This chapter speaks directly to me. After 14+ volumes, the Discworld book series changed publishers (in my country), and their volumes are noticeably taller. Every time I see my shelf, there is a bump on it, making it look like different collections side by side instead of a whole. Now the new publisher is hinting about republishing the older volumes and GOOD LORD I DON'T WANT TO BUY THE SAME BOOKS AGAIN but SWEET BABY JESUS I WANT ALL THE BOOKS TO LOOK GOOD TOGETHER.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if she has the books in English. If not, that's surely what she should be buying next, rather than different variations of bindings and translations.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I think i have somewhere the book in which Sherlock Holmes dies or is dead or something, but i never read it fully because it's in english and for some reason reading books specifically in english is something hard for me, writing in english, reading english comments, manga, watching videos, all of that is not a problem, but reading a book? Oh man that's too much for me /S

My books are arranged in a snack stand, but the stand is flipped upside-down and attached to the wall, so i see the covers of my books instead of the spines(?).

Dex-chan lover
@andrescutieri
when i was a kid i had this issue with the xanth series

i solved the problem by putting larger books at the end of the shelf, and then doing it in descending size order. wasn't perfect, but it made it much less awkward

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme that's what I was thinking! Rather than reading different translations, it's better to read the original: that's how I learned English. There is also the fact that some times the translations are butchered...

Dex-chan lover
@draxdeveloper Page 3 first panel doesn't even show her feet. In the second panel she's already back home. People don't wear their shoes indoors at home in Japan and many other countries.

The chicken made me realize that the art style sure has changed to be more cute, I think I prefer the first style more, it gave that mystery manga parody vibe instead of just SoL.

Aggregator gang
I guess I'm late, but what does Jiken jaken literally mean?

Users who are viewing this thread