Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
@Guspaz:
>if an English reader is going to lack some context or information in the material that a Japanese reader would extract from it, then that’s a failing in the translation

Well, as someone who's read the raw ahead, I think you're already failing on that point then, because not only do the reader not get the context that a Japanese would get, they're getting the wrong impression altogether.

It's in ch 7 so you guys are about to run into it already:
What you translated as "light step"
軽 (kei) (light, in term of weight)
身 (shin) (body)
功 (kou) (no idea how to translate this proper, but by context the closest word would be 'aura' imo)

In ch 7, the explanation is it allows him to make anything in contact with him lighter.

THAT already make your "light step" wrong.

And this 'energy sword'? It just hardens the sword, that's it, not whatever this 'energy sword' might implied otherwise. (yes it's rather plain, see series title in case you forgot what it's about)

Sometimes it's better not to do anything and just leave a term be. Other examples I can think of include "Haki" from One Piece, "Battousai" from Rurouni Kenshin.

Dex-chan lover
@HuevoPodrido It's the bodyguards name. Its a shit name, but authors need to be innovative. Or something. Also its a female.

Group Leader
The katakana is "Burowa", so, yeah... Brower. Figuring out what western name the authors intended when they wrote the katakana is usually just a guessing game, unless it's an actual normal name that people use. It's also why it's very common in fan translation (and even official translation) to see many different variations on character names, because there usually isn't an actual canonical English name for a character.

Why waste time an energy translating chapters that are already translated when you could have translated 3 new chapters instead

Dex-chan lover
The feminine of “magus” is “maga”, which is pluralized as “magae”.

Fed-Kun's army
"i'm bored, let's go murder some disenfranchised poor people"

lol

it's funny how terrible of a person the "mistress" is. I don't think the author really even intends it tbh

Dex-chan lover
like i said before, the people who hate this evil family seem to be the good guys.
here we have a ground of poor starving people who have been brought to the point where they are forced to become bandits and even go so far as to attack one of the strongest noble families there are, it really shows how desperate they are and compare that to this family of fuckwits. we have the fat dad that murders anyone he dislikes, the brothers who are the exact same and then this little sadist princess who enjoys abusing and torturing others.

them being able to live such luxurious lives and even get fat while the population starves yet the MC nor the author even acknowledges this, it's like the author wrote one thing and the artist drew another. at the very least the image that the author has in his head of this fantastic and kind family sure as shit ain't portrayed that way....

Thanks for the chapter!
Anyone else think Dewey knows or suspects something about Rain? If she was a typical spoiled noble brat she would strictly insist on Rain being silent, sitting away from her, and spoken strictly to. Instead, she comforts Rain, had Rain raised as a noble not a servant, and talks civilly to her. Granted I agree she does things to liven things up a bit too much, but part of the problem is nobody overrules her, tells her shouldn't because of risk, or stand up to her. Wonder if she's like the little sister in the Failed Knight's Chivalry in that she wants someone to tell her she's wrong when she's wrong and stand firmly to their convictions without caving in to her position or idiots treating her as right solely due to her position. As for father and brother wonder why they haven't appeared directly since duel? Agree their taking being protective and doting way too far but they seem to genuinely care about her. After all, if really were evil and wanted MC out of way could have framed or poisoned or murdered him instead of letting him guard Dewey instead of (albeit reluctantly) honoring his victory in that extremely rigged duel.

Dex-chan lover
Viciously beating up a bunch of ragged bandits? Anyone else feel sorry for them?

Dex-chan lover
@rudezki

yeah, they're all visibly malnourished and shaky... could tell they're suffering quite alot.. but well, being a bandit has it's ups and downs and they can't complain about that.

Fucking hell i cant take this shit seriously every time he hits somebody imagine him saying "Bonk"

Users who are viewing this thread