Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 4 Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
@NexusD if i must say
Shouzo/the mage dude kinda dimwited or if i must say kinda an idiot, it just the Manga overgloss it. Because of that he voluntry to be cursed unable to use his magic by HIS OWN WILL and need permision from either head or next head of the house
MC/sansui he pretty much do his job, as long her daughter safety,having shelter, get decent education and other necesity can be fulfiled he dont really care
The hero dude forgot his name, he next head of the house of course he need to know how to head of duke house and need to follow the head for now
Shun/pandora user dunno since in LN he only appear in short story unlike this manga
Also like other guy said topple the head the cons out weight the pros by far

Dex-chan lover
It's as simple as them not having reason to control the kingdom in the first place.

Sure someone strong especially Sansui can easily take over the kingdom, but why he would do it. In the first place, the reason he even come out from the forest is cuz of the assignment his master gave to watch over Rain until she grows into mature age.

Except ofc
Someone is trying to threaten rain's life
In which case they will have a bad time real soon...

Thanks for the replies. I was really confused on why they do everything the nobles say; I thought there was something more to it because people usually treat people with power beyond theirs with respect.

The vibe I’ve been getting from how the nobles treat the people with power is like how a king treat they’re pawns(even though the manga made it seem light hearted). That’s what made me not really enjoy the manga but the info y’all provided helped.

But still with their power they could’ve created a group or individual groups and stay out of power struggles I doubt anyone would mess with them or they could’ve gotten a higher position somewhere else instead of being a lowly servant to a noble.

I don’t see how protecting his daughter means lowering himself to another( I think I read way too many revenge and op isekai stories that something like this makes no sense to me lol).

Well, whoever owns that boat was clearly flying through foreign airspace without clearance since even the King didn't know it was up there. So really it is their own fault, no need to blame the mage of unhealthy plot development ;)

Aggregator gang
There's 6 or so divine treasures and 5 isekai protags hanging around, all in one spot. The odds that the boat was there by "coincidence" seem kinda low.

@NexusD

Sansui isn't a "lowly servant"; he's the equivalent of the duke's champion knight.

Remember: Each of the 4 duke houses have power on par with (if not greater than) the Royal Family itself.
In other words, Sansui is the equivalent of a royal champion or personal royal knight. He's the frickin bodyguard of one of the most powerful people in the entire kingdom.

Pledging himself to the duke means that he and his daughter are protected vassals of said duke house. That means they are shielded from any political threats by the political power of the dukes (which is the reason why the Royals couldn't take Rain from him, nevermind his abilities).
Additionally, it means that Rain has a secured, wealthy upbringing from someone who ISN'T a 500-years-out-of-date swordsman with no money. The duke house is paying for her food and highclass tuition, and they're presumably also providing her with security.

Sure, Sansui probably won't lose to anyone in a straight up fight. But, a mysterious country bumpkin swordsman with no money, no background, and absolutely no idea about the "modern" society would potentially have a very hard time trying to raise a child.
Sansui might be practically immortal, but Rain IS NOT.

Sansui's greatest asset worth offering is his own capabilities as a swordsman, so he took advantage of that and secured a ridiculously good deal.
He's not some super mage or isekai "genius" (that plagiarizes modern tech and hybridizes it with magic or some bs).
He's not cliche Japanese isekai protagonist with god-given cheat powers that gets a harem even though he barely deserves it (*coughSaigacough*)
He's a 500 year old hermit swordsman isekai normie Japanese that knows how to swing a sword (and some other hermit stuff) REALLY good.
Heck, the English translation of the title is literally "Even if the Sword Saint is Boring He's Still the Strongest".

@Astion Suiboku kicked their previous masters' arses or straight up killed them all back when he had the divine sword, so pretty much all the divine treasures hate him - the sword for being discarded, the rest for being defeated.

Also a spoiler cause I don't think the manga has mentioned this yet, but that boat....

...is the only divine treasure missing from this meeting of immortal tool girls, and uber-mage idiot just blew it up by accident. Went down pretty much the same in the LN, even though so much else has been really condensed in the manga compared to the novel otherwise

Edit: ha, didn't realise how many pages of comments there was and how many people already explained the boat

Double-page supporter
Did the group go silent? Both their series haven't been released for over 2 months now...

Users who are viewing this thread