Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 5 Ch. 41

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Looks like the MC is looking for some challenges to get stronger with and keep his interest.

@pokperson1000 @Myst @throwaway4ccount I don't think Ran is just mindlessly attacking MC like a musclebrained idiot, or at least not as a main reason. She's like a lioness. Lots of pride and skill. So granted challenging MC over and over again is part battle mania towards an opponent who can beat her unlike most of the others, I'd say her main reason is she's head over heels for him as he's a man who's actually stronger than her and some animal instinct towards seeking a a worthy mate. However, due to a lack of social experience, talking with fists and actions rather than words, and a few other things she's having a hard time expressing herself to him. Kind of reminds me of Leona from that manga where MC has a rare humanoid, strong, tiger summons on an island school devoted to entering a dungeon to gain information to bring back. Can't remember what it was called, but she moved in with him and comments every now and then how it's ok for him to have a harem since he was born on the island which has its own laws so other countries rules about monogamy don't apply.

@Mathiason

The way she's portrayed in these 3(?) chapters, she looks just like some mob that dumb enough to mindlessly attack the MC to me... aside from being prideful, she just look like those character that totally look down on other, and that's all.
You know... like those kind of "high-leveled" mobs that got trashed by any isekai'd MC (ever) in the first few ch of the story and never got mentioned again.

Well, in these 3(?) chapters the amount of panels where she appears were not even that many to show any in-depth characteristic, and half of it (probably) just show how she's getting beaten by the MC very very easily.
That's why at first I thought she and her followers were probably just another mob with face. Since honestly, she feels kinda hollow to be introduced as a proper character with how little is shown up to this point. A problem with how the chapter is paced probably?

Dex-chan lover
Is she going to be the shonen protagonist who keeps getting beaten down and getting back up? I'm all for it.

@Mathiason The idea that she is in love with the MC is a ridiculously convoluted interpretation that is not based on anything shown in manga, but even if it ends up being true, it negates nothing of what I said. I never said she was just "musclebrained", and I do think it is based on her arrogance. (There is evidence from the manga for my interpretation that she can't accept the idea that he is better than her, because her pride won't allow it.)

Whether her motivation is pride or "completely misunderstood love" however, doesn't change the fact that what we've seen indicates that, until she is killed, she will keep challenging the MC over and over again, while being rude to him. In my opinion, she adds nothing to the story, and simply detracts from it, so her getting killed is the quickest way for her to stop entering the story. I've seen no redeeming qualities from her, and I don't want to know more about her, her tragic backstory, her years of dedicated training, or any other plot involving her. I just want her removed from the story, and based on what we've seen of her so far, that will take death. (I doubt she will get killed, but I'm hoping so.)

Dex-chan lover
She must have some sort of accelerated growth potential skill or something.

Dex-chan lover
man this is where it gets downhill for everyone...

it's a spoiler
don't open
this is your final warning
Ran's uncontrollable Berserker trait is gonna super duper put her on a spot where Sansui is totally ready to off her without problem. Her only mercy lies with Happine's family's support and Saiga doing the Harem Protag things to save her... Sansui's totally ready to off her as soon as House Sopeid's head, Douve's older brother gives the go. But House Sopeid clearly is weighing the pros and cons about this and you'll see how they act when they drop that arrogant pride of theirs to go Kiritsugu mode

Users who are viewing this thread