Jingai Hime-sama, Hajimemashita ~Free Life Fantasy Online~

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123 : except it is not a dark souls like game, her race choice has issues, and in the WN the character creation warns that it is a bad choice, but
monster races can evolve, and she unlocks her races hidden evolution, which is a bit OP

Dex-chan lover
Heyyy! Someone picked it up. Novel is pretty good not as ecchi as this adaptation though lol.

Dex-chan lover
I gave the wn a chance and it was better than expected. That said it requires you to be able to ignore the obvious questions like how can the mc use a high skill ceiling skill as an inexperienced gamer when experienced ones find it too hard. But if you can it is fairly entertaining slice of life with light adventuring on the side.

I had been told the manga was worse than the light novel by the guy doing translations. He even said the author found it iffy. But this is like reading an entirely different story altogether.

Seems like it's apparently more ecchi than the novel.
I always knew I liked spices but didn't think the spice I wanted the most was tiddies.

The coin thing is indescribably annoying. I get that it being useless is an important part of getting Big Tiddies Onee-san to her botched starting point, but why the hell does it show up after that? It doesn't fit the setting at all...

Double-page supporter
The light-novel's worse than the web-novel?? For real!?

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna rant.

I read the WN, I fairly enjoyed it. It was better than I thought. Really good. I recommend. 8/10

That manga adaptation tho? HAH!
It doesn't feel right at all. It changed a lot of things, added a useless help character, put even more ecchi stuff (okay, I'm not that annoyed about that but still) and... Where's the explanation about... You know... The character creation system, the human/inhuman races and their possible starting point, the skill and point system, the evolution system, etc...

Spoiler time :
For those that never read the WN or LN, she was the one that chose to start as a zombie because she was drawn to that race more than the other human and inhuman races. Hell, even the plot says that she CHOSE to be a zombie, she wasn't forced to GOD DAMNIT!

It is considered more difficult to use because some inhuman races got clear disadvantages, like not being able to talk (which is extremely important for the NPCs), being animals or even plants, etc. In exchange for clear disadvantages early game, they receive the ability to evolve and become stronger faster, can change their abilities and some can even get extremely rare evolutions.

Now, as to what happened next, she chose herself to start in the catacombs because zombies starts with an horrible rotting smell (and beast people or animals have enhanced smell so you understand), a weakness to the sun and their rotting bodies.

She learns how to use the skill system that can add up to her already low stats and become stronger everyday.

Do you realise how much info got cut and changed? All that was from the first and second WN chapters. And the manga changed all that with a "Bug". And I won't talk about the fact that she seems like a battle junkie when in the LN, she's calm and doesn't really like beating the shit out of people. She even refuses to take part in a tournament later in the story even with her power that was already at that moment pretty impressive.

It's not a good adaptation so far of the LN/WN and that's already bad in itself. Now, I'm gonna read a bit when it will be translated but that's not good.

Really, if it was just a stand alone manga, not adapted from an already existing WN/LN, it might be decent, heck even good. The art is actually beautiful, really impressive. But when you come from the WN and you see a totally different story that doesn't even try to explain even 1/5 of what the WN showed us... It's gonna be a "No" from me.

I'm just putting a 6. Waiting for more chapters and maybe changing my opinion later on.

Users who are viewing this thread