Jingai-san no Yome

Theory1: the town is hypnotized by yokai, the homeroom teacher is an accomplice and sells teenage boys to yokai for money/blessings. No one realizes or questions it.

Theory2: the townspeople are all in on it except the hypnotized children/teenagers at school, they traffic male brides to yokai so that the town flourishes. The homeroom teacher is the mastermind.

@sanityblurz i mean, how else would you explain this comic?😂😂 its just for fun thats not the actual plot (tho it is very creepy how the homeroom teacher smiles and just marries off 16 yr old boys and how the boys accept it and act like maidens instantly)

Seeing the rating made me expect the worst, but this is hella cute? Weird creatures and their brides and the gap.

Contributor
Hmm... This firmly falls among the strangest things I've read from Japan, I guess. At least in the top 30 or so?

Oddly, I guess what's really weirding me out as much as anything is that (on top of what it is) it is Josei (and it firmly feels like it in many ways), but the plot structure and humour feels very much puts me in mind of weird shounen ecchi romance (which this isn't at all, to be clear) in ways that are disorienting me... Like "the government has arranged your marriage, now you shall live together" is totally from the shounen/seinen wheelhouse; likewise with the particular brand of "everyone is going to ignore everything that would objectively be wrong about this situation, and be either encouraging, or upset about obviously the wrong things," or so I feel. And at least once, the employment of bizarre, paper-thin excuses (that go unchallenged) used to produce desired situations, too (see, "the government requires your marriage photos to prevent fraud" incident).

(I do find these tropes quite inoffensive in this as compared to in seinen stuff—because it doesn't end in objectifying girls as convenient sex objects—but I'm still, like, "what are these weasels doing here").

And then like, some scenes are a little suggestive in strange ways, but mostly it's literal fluff, except some time I can't tell.

And then for extra fun, that I can't figure out if it's meant to be sort-of gay (to be clear, I certainly don't mind either way, but the translator's choice of pronouns and the fact that the guys are "brides" makes me wonder) is sort of a lovely cherry on top.

What am I reading? Sleep-deprived minds want to know.

(Most of which really doesn't matter much, of course. Regardless, it is what it is. But still.)

For all that, it's actually quite so far tame though... XD

This is fukin adorable, so cute,so fluff, so adorable. Can't stop grinning wwlhile read this too cite I'm cryin why am i like this what a sinner i am a big big nashty fu like me cryin over this after so much hsrdcorw

Double-page supporter
Why are they marrying young boy to flyffy monsters tho....

Also does this count as a shonen-ai ?

I came for the weirdness, but stayed because everything is adorably weird and I love it. I can't stop grinning, Hinowa and Kanenogi-san's relationship is a joy. I, too, want a miniature Kanenogi-san.

is a Reindeer
VIP
I mean, if you're married to a monster that's twice your size, extremely hairy, drools on you and bites you
Isn't that pretty much what being married to a fat ugly bastard is like? I'm jealous...

@MagicTime this series is great, boys were definitely meant to be brides... definitely...

It’s a weird premise but if you get over that then you can enjoy cute characters having fun interactions together. This series is really great to de-stress with, 10/10 recommended!

I like it a lot, thank you for the effort of translating this, i wouldve never known about this series otherwise : ) thank you

Users who are viewing this thread