Jinmen - Vol. 3 Ch. 24 - Jumen

Dex-chan lover
Oh god here we go again guys this is going to fuck up how I feel for a bit

Dex-chan lover
I have the feeling this is going to lose the horror factor and go full on action seinen, but the concept is kinda cool, so let's go with it. Also, calling it right now, our MC is a jumen.

Dex-chan lover
The staircase setup is so obvious it's hilarious. Remember folks if victory is right in front of you, dont act like you recognize it and just walk through. Celebrate AFTER. Premature reaction just get you disappointed.

I’m guessing Agou’s...’beast form’...is a lion. Cos he looks like a cracked out counterfeit Gado from Bloody Roar.

I don't believe the mangaka is an idiot. They 100% have access to the internet. The creator could have done his due diligence on racist depictions of black people. But because they didn't, they turned their low tier manga from one that was at least tolerable to read through, into one with a horribly racist depiction of a black woman. Really though, turning the only black woman in the series (with speaking lines) into a gorilla is just disgusting. I really don't think that this manga is worth reading anymore.

Well, that was a really odd twist. Thank you to the translators, your work is super appreciated!

Bro its just a gorrila it isn't racist at all you're just overthinking it buddy.

@emchege stop being such a triggered racist. There's nothing bad about having a black woman transforming into a gorilla when this entire manga is going to be about humans transforming into gorillas. Literally the few previous chapters were about gorillas.

Yeah, let's just ignore the fact that she's also one of the most badass characters in the series so far, right? GTFO of here with that racist bullshit lmao.

Dex-chan lover
@emchege I thought a gorilla is a metaphor for a bodyguard, a tough guy, a bouncer, a muscle head, and so forth. I guess from now on I need to keep that in mind before calling bodyguards gorillas. It has been quite common over here and has got nothing to do with a person's ethnicity. White or black, as long as they looked burly and mean, they were gorillas.

Users who are viewing this thread