Jinrou e no Tensei, Maou no Fukkan: Hajimari no Shou - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - After The War, 2

Double-page supporter
I actually don't really mind the switch in artstyle, I like this style

I really dont understand people complaining about the artstyle. It looks cool.

In fact it is pretty rare to see someone with such a good understanding of light that people actually think the pages are overexposed.

The artist is just not using screentones anymore. It looks like that because he draws shadows with lineart instead.

Dex-chan lover
seems like author wanted to cut some production cost by only using one black and one grey shade colour.

Reading this at 2AM truly felt like the scanlator had used some flashbang filter to screw with the readers.
I think I'll drop this if the author is really going to use this artstyle in future chapters too.

Dex-chan lover
This art style is making me miss the yellow pages of some mangas I used to buy physical copies of...

Dex-chan lover
More white might've just meant needing to go faster for a while or something? Well, who knows.

Double-page supporter
While the new art style is objectively bad as it removes a large portion of detail but I can understand it being as they want to save time most likely.

Dex-chan lover
New Title: Jinrou e no Tensei, Maou no Fukkan: Hajimari no Shou but the USAF are testing nuclear weapons in the background

Dex-chan lover
Issue is that artist only uses three colours: black, white and same tone of grey. Also lack of details don't help. Artist also rarely uses lines to separate but uses contrast between white and black instead. It is difficult to recognize what's going on in one panel.

Edit: use last panel with the wizard's face as example. Lacks details, no lines to acentuate border of face (look at cheek and chin), lack of degradations make it look flat no volume, barely any lines to define hair (this would be normally acceptable but with this style it only makes it worse). So in the end it looks like blobs of black, white and grey. It is hard for eyes or brain to immediately recognize a pattern/face.

Dex-chan lover
@ReaVen_LEAD
I got no response for that.

072cd76cdcf2630a28e5c17ccfc4b9c88640359745446ecb57954d7818d31f9f.jpg

what is wih the art now? i would have prefered a more detailed chap than something barebones like this. even it takes a much longer update time. this feels so trashlike. i really like this manga.

Dex-chan lover
The scanner might be broken, it is really hard to see stuff (contours are broken or even gone) :p

Users who are viewing this thread